How'd it go today?

Went logging this morning, then met up with wally to wreck out a hard maple. It was kinda nice doing ground work while working with someone that knows about tree work. Refreshing

Knocked off a couple of easy but lucrative jobs this morning in the rain and pissing wind. Got home for 2pm, so tea, biscuits and catching up on Game of Thrones, it's easy this tree stuff!

Had a great day swinging in the breeze. Went to a rather large specimen in the woods off a beaten path. Feeling like I should have added it to the treestuff geocache map.
I will be back to this one with more climbing friends!
feeb604c93d5a1b27cd56955e68e21e5.jpg

7d644581e96963b7bf53156684241f74.jpg

Seeing a wild wolf is quite a thing, I saw one once in Israel, I told the story on here but Butch took the piss, I've never really recovered.

Thanks, G!

Seeing a wild wolf is quite a thing, I saw one once in Israel, I told the story on here but Butch took the piss, I've never really recovered.

I don't capiche that Brit slang. But MB is at work now, quick, retell!!

O.k. Cory and Butch... I'll attempt to help till Mick sets me straight.

I think, "Taking a piss," is Brit for: "Made a joke about."

Of course, "I've never quite recovered."... is his usual hilarious sarcasm. But these Brits man... :/: I dunno... you never can be quite too sure.

Grendel: That was way cooler than any tree pic I've ever posted. Man... you must really be the Beowulf monster.

Cory: Who IS that in your av?

Bit of a mixed job today, branches, hedge and shrubs.

And the bug from hell. Did the hedge down to about 8' then some branches overhanging the garage next door, then a few branches from a large shrub hanging over the 6' fence using my lopper and about 3 steps up a stepladder. So about two hours working in that area when this thing whacked me on the hand, like a wasp sting but different. Then it went for my face, buzzing like a bee. I had my cap with the sunshade flap at the back on and safety glasses, so ripped the cap off and flung that around, bloody thing wouldn't give up. Cap went over the fence, I jumped off the ladder and ran across the yard and the bugger chased me. Grabbed the pool scoop and fended him off with that till I got up the side.

Waited a couple of minutes and sneaked back down and he was still buzzing around, then he took off over the hedge, never to be seen again. Checked where I was working, no more of them.:scratch: Finished that bit and spent another three hours working on the other side of the yard, no sign of him.

Don't know what it was, never seen one before but they are fast. Like a fat bee, buzzes and yellow. Not a Yellow Jacket, had them last week. Hand's pretty swollen but I've had plenty worse. Shouldn't have said that, it'll probably keep me awake all night.

Think I'll call it the Yellow Guerrilla Bug. Would have been fun to watch, no one did luckily.

Back