How'd it go today?

NEVER doubted you Rich! Just worried a bit at your description of the job!

Yes, Justin. I have thought about it before. If I could get the springs with the axle around here I would do it, might be tough but I will look into it tomorrow. The salvage yards around here got hit pretty hard when scrap went high and they are pretty bare anymore.

You can use the 250 springs it'll just be slightly stiffer, but I imagine you mean the d60 steer axle is hard to come by.

I'd recommend triple checking the mounts/brackets on that TTB for cracks before investing to much time and money.

He gonna make it Stig? Under the cruel tutelage of Commie salad eater No.1? Would be the shits if he didn't. Who would want to admit to losing to an old man fueled by mushrooms?

Well, he's taken to yelling: " Sir, yes, sir!" when I correct him, so I guess he is starting to get with the programme.
He is on trial for another 2 month, then we'll see if he is a keeper.
He is nice company,funny and a good conversationalist, that means a lot.

Sounds like he knows how to handle you!
I bought one like this today to replace the older chip truck, it tips so saves a lot of ballache, delivery is a couple of months, price is €8000 for something without an engine!
Wife is underwhelmed to say the least

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 53
I'm not underwhelmed.
Got one almost like it, except it is a Brian James and has a ramp in the back.
Excellent piece of equipment for European treeworkers.

Nice trailer!

Small job this afternoon in a "better" part of town. HO just wanted a sump cut down lower, took a little bit to convince them let's just grind it. 12 inch cherry, not deep, 10 minutes. Removed some limbs from a neighbouring Manitoba maple for more sun on a pool at the same place.

IMG_20151217_144233.jpg

Man, that thing's awsome Peter. We'd kill to have a stumper fit stuff like that.

Jim: That sucks. I'm sorry.

Rich: Not as bad as you remembered it? Man, they never are, when you actually get up there. Still... that tree looks like it would suck. Absolutely amazing what 2 more inches of drop zone can do for your nerves.

Mick: Nice! :beer: Underwhelmed??.... :lol::lol:

You're right Jed. Once you get up there, we just do our thing. It was actually an easy climb. Just a lot of roping with multiple lines plus tags as well to hit the zone. We finished today. I've gotta go back and do some pruning on an oak that was under it. It was skipped before because everyone involved thought it would get damaged during the removal. No sense in climbing it twice I guess. While I'm there the neighbor wants a big cracked limb removed too.
Kinda on a high now. I know I should be tired but I'm wound up. Maybe I should use this energy to clean the garage or wash dishes.

That is a nice trailer, Mick. To improve your wife's perceptions, ask her to please shovel out a load once...then on the next let her run the dump controls. Problem solved :).

Anyway, we just got back from the Christmas concert. K-4 grade. It was great. Neat to see all those kids singing. They had to memorize a bunch of songs. Lynley is in the second grade, we will be going to a lot of these things. Thats okay.

Well, in case any of you people drive fords, they obsoleted all the internals for the Dana 50 front end. My carrier turned out to be ruined. I can still get a ring and pinion and bearings but no carrier or internals such as sides and spiders, thrust washers or cross shafts.

Yukon gear has a carrier for sale, but the ONLY thing you can get is a limited slip. They make cases, but you cant get the internals, so they put a limited slip in it. I guess it is designed for fronts, and I have lock out hubs so I guess that is my only option.

The Dana 60 swap is tempting, but those are scarce as hens teeth! At 1200 dollars you still take the chance of it needing work, could be a couple grand before it is done.

So I guess I will put 800 into this front end and see how it goes, while keeping a look out for a cheap Dana 60!

I was quited 1500 on a rebuilt with them removing and installing. I can pick one up shipped to my door and do the install in am afternoon. I am considering having the place that is going to do the tranny swap, just go ahead and do the install since it will all be apart aanyway.

Yeah.... i need to look up and see if the company that is supplying the tranny (Jasper) also has the transfer case. They offer a great warranty on the tranny. I know they do diffs as well.

Back