How'd it go today?

I can do it safely. Just very stressful. We purposely waited till this time of year to be able to have full view of everything and so the damn flowers were done. Just don't break a limb off of anything else. When I get down to 20 feet, I might be cutting 1 1/2" cookies and handing them down to climbers below me. I don't know. Drop zone is basically a 3 foot wide brick walkway 15' from the trunk with a few spaces to step between bushes. I guess the good news is, if I can pull this off, I can name my price. Bad news is I'll probably get more of this work.

I ended up there after a few times dealing with jobs that at least felt the same. In the end, it will pay off for you...did for me anyway. A good rep is hard to earn and easy to loose, so take care.

I think my new apprentice will sleep well tonite. We've been select cutting some nice fat Doug firs, and I have let him cut most of them, trying to keep up with me doing the limbing and bucking.
Lots of threading the needle shots, which is stressfull as hell when you are green at it.
He ended the day by taking a near impossible ( For him) shot into a real tight lay next to a creek and putting it right where he wanted it.

He gonna make it Stig? Under the cruel tutelage of Commie salad eater No.1? Would be the shits if he didn't. Who would want to admit to losing to an old man fueled by mushrooms?

The plane has sorta crashed into the mountains for me at the moment. My 2002 GMC with the 8.1 liter sounds like it has a bad cam, lifter in it. The 2005 Chev with the 6.0 liter has a bad lifter and cam with very poor oil pressure at start up. Like zero on a cold morning. I am still driving the 2005, does not rattle when if you let it fully warm up before driving. Kinda hard to do that when the bus leaves in 5 minutes though!

So I decided to rebuild the front end on my 93 ford F-250. It is the TTB front end and was designed by crack fiends. Anyway, we dropped it this morning and I just got back in from taking it all apart. All three u joints were bad and the stub shaft seal was leaking so I had to fully disassemble it to remove the clip that holds the stub shaft in. Who hasn't been there right? (probably squish has)

The bloody roll pin that holds the pinion cross shaft in the carrier broke and the carrier is wobbled out. Side and spider gears look okay, but the carrier is ruined, probably the pinion too from the cross shaft rubbing on the pinion every time it passed by. Ring gear looks good, but sometimes they wont sell just a pinion.

I am thinking about taking the third member into the local shop to have them put it together. My gear setup jobs have not always turned out. When I get it home I will put it together and do ball joints, spindle kits, u joints, drag link and tie rod ends to save some money. I might drill and tap a drain plug on the damn thing too so I can change oil. Only way to change oil is to drop the front end.

Damn pickup only has 58,000 miles on it. Along with my 72 Chev which has 53,000 miles, these machines are the lowest miled outfits I have!. Everything else has over 160,000.

At least her Yukon is running well.

Made it back form the animal shelter (madhouse) with my new dog (Otis). Been just hanging out w/him since. He finally decided he couldn't stay awake any more. :lol:

Of course I had to post a couple bad pics on the dog thread...:D

The definition of misery right there Deva.
Had a great day. Got all the brush and a decent amount of wood rigged down today. Tree wasn't as bad as I remembered. The home owner had his people dig out quite a bit of the smaller bushes and with all the flowers gone we had a decent drop zone. Not wide open, but you could walk without fear of crushing some thing. Plywood is loaded to cover the brick walk for the mini to get the wood out.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Last pic was lunch time and then my phone died. I think one of the guys got a few pics. I know the home owner did. He was in a far corner of the walk around deck most of the day

He gonna make it Stig? Under the cruel tutelage of Commie salad eater No.1? Would be the shits if he didn't. Who would want to admit to losing to an old man fueled by mushrooms?

The plane has sorta crashed into the mountains for me at the moment. My 2002 GMC with the 8.1 liter sounds like it has a bad cam, lifter in it. The 2005 Chev with the 6.0 liter has a bad lifter and cam with very poor oil pressure at start up. Like zero on a cold morning. I am still driving the 2005, does not rattle when if you let it fully warm up before driving. Kinda hard to do that when the bus leaves in 5 minutes though!

So I decided to rebuild the front end on my 93 ford F-250. It is the TTB front end and was designed by crack fiends. Anyway, we dropped it this morning and I just got back in from taking it all apart. All three u joints were bad and the stub shaft seal was leaking so I had to fully disassemble it to remove the clip that holds the stub shaft in. Who hasn't been there right? (probably squish has)

The bloody roll pin that holds the pinion cross shaft in the carrier broke and the carrier is wobbled out. Side and spider gears look okay, but the carrier is ruined, probably the pinion too from the cross shaft rubbing on the pinion every time it passed by. Ring gear looks good, but sometimes they wont sell just a pinion.

I am thinking about taking the third member into the local shop to have them put it together. My gear setup jobs have not always turned out. When I get it home I will put it together and do ball joints, spindle kits, u joints, drag link and tie rod ends to save some money. I might drill and tap a drain plug on the damn thing too so I can change oil. Only way to change oil is to drop the front end.

Damn pickup only has 58,000 miles on it. Along with my 72 Chev which has 53,000 miles, these machines are the lowest miled outfits I have!. Everything else has over 160,000.

At least her Yukon is running well.

Jim have you considered just kicking that axle to the curb and replacing it with a solid Dana 60? That is the answer really to the problem you're dealing with in that truck. yes I've been down that road a couple of times now.

Back