How'd it go today?

It finally happened .I had a dead, grave yard dead ash I've been procrastinating for about five years .Big huff,50 MPH straight line winds blew the top 40-45 feet out of it .Saved me from worrying where it would end up at .

My lady friend said it sounding like a lightning strike .Had she not been here because I work 12 Hrs a day I'd have not seen it until next Thursday. Gets dark this time of year ya know .No big deal I've got a 100 CC saw I just reworked ,glad to test it .There's still 45-50 feet of it still standing .

I'm gonna have to say that yesterday was great. I met a few people from this site who are just as cool in person as online. Tree stuffs after party kicked ass. Bonner is a riot. I was not drinking while there and still had a blast. I'm hoping for better luck tomorrow with the prizes. Treestuff gave away a $hit load of gear. Ended the night hanging out with the grcs guys and some Vermeer big shots. Reg, I'm disappointed that the "Arborella" has not hit the market yet.

Worth waiting for Arborella 2.0!

Peter, I think you will should start a stump grinder building thread for ideas. I think that you will need some weight up front. Maybe not. Great progress. Belt tension is important, which I suspect you know. I hope you built a good tension adjustment system.

Sean, I was just at a parts dealer looking for tensioning free spinning pulleys, no luck, have to make one myself. I still need guards and skirts, most of the weight is forward of the wheels. But I can add a tool box if it needs more weight. I do need a bigger disc, hope one falls in my lap soon.

You I have an air pump in my 1990 chip truck that is disconnected from the engine, but spins as part of the accessory belt system. You might be able to find a cheap one that way.

Sean, I was just at a parts dealer looking for tensioning free spinning pulleys, no luck, have to make one myself. I still need guards and skirts, most of the weight is forward of the wheels. But I can add a tool box if it needs more weight. I do need a bigger disc, hope one falls in my lap soon.

Simpler to tension the belt by adjusting the position of the engine, and having permanently engaged drive.

Glad your enjoying your time there Rich.

All packed to head North again tomorrow morning. Starting on Sunday and should be done around Thursday from what I'm told...supposed to have a decent few days, hopefully we beat the crappy weather...

Jed, I'm glad that you've figured out the picture posting situation. There are a couple other folks here who should do the same. Hint Hint.

I think most here post up some decent pics and I'm cool with those that ever don't. Photography and computer mumbo jumbo has never been my strongpoint. When I was still cutting I found rarely to never got/took pictures. But I sure appreciate those that do.

Oh, Grendel... that's the nicest saw I've seen in a while. If that had a full-wrap, I'd trade my 660 for it straight-up. ;)

Pat's old growth pictures I'm sure would be excellent. I just have loads of typical tree work pics and I don't really know how to post em.

Cory, I don't see many eastern hardwoods around the PNW. Variety is the spice of life, even if you think they're run of the mill. The "run of the mill" is your standard, useful mill product, after all.

Tapatalk is easy.

On a PC: IMG_20151113_191428123[1].jpg IMG_20151113_191436849[1].jpg IMG_20151113_191500787_HDR[1].jpg IMG_20151113_191509229_HDR[1].jpg
From Memory:
In the 'Quick Reply' box, right next to the 'Post Quick Reply' button is "Go Advanced". Click that. Go down to 'Manage Attachments'. Click there. You should find a link to "Select File". You will have to select the source, like your "C:" drive or whichever, or phone, or camera. Find the picture, click on it, then press "Open". It should download after 20 seconds or whatnot. Then "Insert Inline". "Done". "Submit Reply".

Attachments

• IMG_20150202_104310123_HDR[1].jpg
    IMG_20150202_104310123_HDR[1].jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 47
Back