How'd it go today?

Stig, the certification makes you a smart logger, or are there some other occupation opportunities that will arise?

I think I have seen that EU CE mark on some climbing gear sold here, I think manufactured in Italy.

The owner of the castle where we run the forests and take care of the trees in the park, golf course and surroundings asked me to get certified for insurance reasons. It means something to them, that if an accident occurs, they can say that a certified arborist has checked the trees yearly, instead of just a dumb logger.
That is the main reason I went and tried.

Peter, Poison Ivy is a slightly diffrent rope in Europe from what it is in the US.
I've had both versions and couldn't tell a difference.

It would be best I think to not have to empty all the phone pics into my puter before posting a pic here.

These guys doubtless know how to do that. I have a Dumb-Phone and can barely email the pics to my gmail account. Once they are in my gmail inbox (using a Macbook Pro) I two-finger click the pics I want to save. A bar comes up that says "save to downloads". Click that. Do that for each individual shot that you want to save, and then go to the House.

Hit "go advanced," and a paperclip icon appears in the grey toolbar at the top. (Third icon left of the smilies on the top row.) Click that. A new screen called "file upload manager" appears. Click the green "add files" rectangle in the top, right-hand corner. Another rectangle pops up that says, "choose file," Click that, then click the individual image you want. You must click yet another rectangle that simply says, "choose,". Now hit the green rectangle that says, "upload." Repeat this for each individual image. Finally hit the rectangle that says, "insert in-line." Now you've got your pics in your post. Clear as mud eh? It helps to have a few beers. Don't worry if the toolbar runs out of room to insert all the images. It will do it anyway, even if nothing happens when you hit the insert inline box.

It must be a comfort to know that your pics will be much more interesting than this grossly overbid Red Maple and Cottonwood I removed yesterday. unnamed-334.jpg unnamed-335.jpg

I may call you "Hinge" from now on, Jed...your signature shots are liked.

Yep...then download process IS tedious....took me a while to cipher it out.

great pics!

Well, my ol' 94 S10 failed emission test, failed on idle of all things. Hope it's not going to be expensive, I had that money earmarked for more stumper teeth and some magnet wire for the shop. I gotta get the stump grinder up to par, I have a few stumps that need to be done.

I know, Jed's hinges worry me.
I usually (well always) ensure there's no view of the hinge in my pics.

That was hilarious!

I took a pic of a fine Jed-like hinge today. I wanted to post it with the caption, "Jed's the name, skinnin tree's the game.":/:

70-90 k winds today....along with the lashing rain. I'm not even going out the door I don't think.View attachment 64975

Uhh, yeah I noticed Reg. :lol: ALL of our Firs look exactly like that right now. Took most of this Silver Pig off the house today (forgot the "after" pic. :|:) I'll get the 17 ton crane for the final picks on Thurs. Darned thing tried to swallow the lady's house. We've got stuff down all over the place. Might not be posting much for the next few days.

unnamed-336.jpg unnamed-337.jpg unnamed-338.jpg

This was the neighbor's tree that fell. The darned thing stretched all the way over the lady's entire property, and got hung up in the OTHER neighbor's tree!

unnamed-339.jpg

Brutal. Do you tend to notice more previously topped trees toppling? Or no real distinction?

Around here it seems previously topped trees are way more likely to fail in a big windstorm with saturated grounds.

We've got some brutal weather on the way, supposed to kick off tomorrow afternoon. Spent this evening pushing blocks of a snaky little birch with a dead top. Got dark on me. Finished with a headlamp. I took video, see if any of it is worth a damn tomorrow.

Stay safe Jed, have fun. 8)

I'm geared up for some storm work tomorrow, hopefully. 3 groundies tomorrow.

New guy starting, can climb srt, spurlessly. I'm really optimistic. He's starting as a groundman, and wanting to learn "my" ropes. He worked for a "cowboy" who free climbed regularly, couldn't be bothered with a throwline much, etc. Attended training seminars from SherrillTree. Read books. This could be a good deal!

Back