How'd it go today?

Sure, there are stuff that actually works, but being berated about it for so long has turned me off it, somewhat.

I prefer an extract of bread mold pressed into nice little white tablets, when I'm seriously ill:lol:

Salicylic acid from willow bark...anti-inflammatory. I have used white willow extract before for inflammation from training...seemed to work.

Indeed. Natural medicine that actually works gets rigorously tested, then made in regulated doses and prescribed. Ones that don't work are relegated to the wort in footbath system.

Read my original post, please.
I've never said that natural medicine doesn't have it's place, only that living for 30 years with a born again natural medicine freak has turned me away from it.

My new wife, being Swiss, greatly believes in the healing powers of hot potato poultices :)

When I've got a hangover I don't want anything but proper painkillers. Ibuprofen, paracetamol, aspirin or a cocktail of the three.

Gotcha, Stig. The bread mold thing, was that a joke or are you referring to a specific medicine? I ate a bunch of moldy bread the other day, figured it would be good for me:lol:

Penecillin.

As a general rule, blue/green moulds ok, white furry ones are best avoided. Bread can grow toxic mould within a few days.

Sure, there are stuff that actually works, but being berated about it for so long has turned me off it, somewhat.

I prefer an extract of bread mold pressed into nice little white tablets, when I'm seriously ill:lol:
On the subject of women not really "getting it"
My regular groundy has a bossy missus, they do regular brocantes (car boot sales /second hand shit and stuff) on the days he doesn't work for me.
One cold day she turned to him on their stall and said "Can you imagine how awful it must be to go out to work in this every day?"
He said "where do you think I go when I drive off at 7.00am?"

Penecillin.

As a general rule, blue/green moulds ok, white furry ones are best avoided. Bread can grow toxic mould within a few days.

Thanks, Peter.

My bread mold is blue/green. What does toxic bread mold look like?

Today went great. Got the head put back on my bucket truck and got it put back together. Tons of stress and tension gone. Damn was I nervous when it came time to turn the key. Learned a ton about how those motors work. A good friend of mine who is a mechanic was there to help and guide us. I told him to give me a bill and he said he owed it to me for all the years of baling hay and straw at his families farm and refusing pay.
I'm also supposed to get my 250XP tomorrow around noon. It's got low hours and has all the paperwork and receipts for the maintenance that's been factory done. Gonna probably do fluids and filters just because it makes me feel better and then put them both to work. Things are looking good for this year as far as my "side work" goes.

I know that I'd of spent a hell of a lot of money at the dealership. He knows I'll be over at the farm baling again this summer. Actually if it stays cold much longer I'll be down there cleaning up fence rows with him.

Finished our second day of wind damage mitigation, trees down everywhere. Pulled a lot of trees off houses. Mostly standard ops for storm damage. Limb, rig, cut top, hang whole tree/stem, lower, repeat. Some fun/sketchy uprooted trees. All went perfectly, everyone went home safe and made some $$!

Treebilly, I thought you worked for a tree service, do you have your own bucket also? Cool deal with your mechanic.

I broke my own rule about not working on sundays and took 20 of skinny red oak peckerpoles down between a house, a fence and an industrial size greenhouse.
Fortunately the ground was soft enough that I could spear cut a lot and get the tops stuck deep enough in the dirt, that they stayed that way, instead of whacking the greenhouse.
Still, lots of little bits, to be able to manage it.

I send a kind thought or two to Burnham for the pole spurs, he gave me.
They helped a lot on those thin stems.

Back