How'd it go today?

Daylight saving started this morning.:cuss: So I spent about an hour changing all the clocks, seems like just a few weeks since I last did it.

House clocks are easy, only three and one phone. Three old mobile phones, they're easy. The new android is easy once you finally find the clock, the new truck not so easy until you find the manual.

Two computers, finally found out why they are always right then wrong a few days later. Can't wait till tuesday, I hate holidays.

Ha, I forgot the one out the back.

The one I hate to change, is the timer on my furnace heater in the truck. I forget how to do it in the ½ year that passes and have to go dig out the manual every time.

We got a bit further with the horse stable over the weekend.
Bunch of friends and neighbours came by to help out.
Im usually real good about helping people out, when I can, so it is nice when it goes the other way and so many show up:)

P1010820.JPG P1010825.JPG P1010839.JPG

Hey! A building being constructed without a spruce twig at the highest point?!?!? In Europe?!?!? You lookin' for bad luck or something? :P

Down the past four plus days with a swollen near shut jaw after a tooth removal. Starving to say the least literaly. Oral surgery tomorrow again for drain tube removal.

dental problems suck!, I feel for ya.

laid down a good track at the studio today in the first take.8) Then hung out and listened to the Sax players record for a bit.

Stopped at the store on the way home to pick up groceries...heading back North to do more stumps in the morning. I'll come back down to exchange teeth at the sharpeners on Fri.

Y'all have a great week!

Nice horse house Stig!

Drove three hours in the rain this morning, and spent about 5 hours in three different residential maples. Cabled one with Branch Saver, removed dead leads out of the other two amid intermittent sleet and rain. If you wait for nice weather in the UP in October you'll never get anything done! 8)

Hey! A building being constructed without a spruce twig at the highest point?!?!? In Europe?!?!? You lookin' for bad luck or something? :P

Here it is usually a wreath or 3 from spruce branches.
We didn't have time for ceremony, unfortunately.

When I put a new top on my house, I had a young man from california come over to help out.
Just to show him, we went all out on the "Rejsegilde" ceremony.

Decided in taking a very much needed vacation this week and next as well....(I bet ill work a day or two lol) now were to go....sierra nevada Mts, Napa, cal coast....

Sending jobs over to Bixler.....my phone is ringing, HO wants 2 large digger pines, 2 oak removals and trimming...cranes, big chipper, 42"bar 660...were does it end...need to keep phone off...ha

We planted a 6.25'' dbh Autumn Blaze Maple today. It stood about 30' tall, maybe more, and it was right at the 540's tipping capacity. We had to stand on the back for counter weight. It turned out really nice.
uploadfromtaptalk1412644197887.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1412644181896.jpg

I think fall and spring are equally optimal for planting in our area.

Glad you like it Brendon. I figured a planting picture would be a nice change of pace around here. :)

Finished brushing out the big dog Cottonwood and pulled it over by the lights of the pickup. Solo rigging some of the bigger branches onto themselves and then cutting them up took a long time, a lot of positioning. Still have one to dump and two to pull away from the lines, but the hard part is over. Should finish up tomorrow. no cleanup.

I'm going to get one of those mini-portys and start whipping this stuff down on steel biners. Hang and slice is too much up and down.

Cheers my friends 8)

Dead wooding oaks all day today. Had a bad lower back all weekend, but not now....that kind of climbing seems to stretch everything out pretty good, or something. From struggling even to get to my feet this morning, now I don't have the slightest hint of discomfort. Amazing turnaround.

Tomorrow we have a dying madrone to crane out. Haven't seen it but get the impression its a big sprawling thing behind and over a house. We have a hundred ton crane booked, so I'm expecting a pretty easy day in that sense. I don't hardly ever get crane work here in BC, but its like riding a bike really. Don't know the crane co or operator, so just hoping he's done some tree work before.

Back