How'd it go today?

Cool write up.

Just got done meeting with the electrician. Probably 2000 bucks to upgrade to a 200 amp meter loop with a switch for a generator. That includes replacing a couple of hundred feet of overhead old style individual conductor wire. Sucks, but I have a to get it done. The place I live on only got electricity in 1954, so everything electrical was an afterthought. Ever seen the "Christmas Story"? You know when he plugs in the leg lamp? Yep, that is what I am up against.

Nice purchase Al. I doubt you'll regret it. Unless.........

Well yeah ,I got it today .I got trick flocked .It wasn't a new old stock but a rebuild that must have been done 50 years ago .I've had enough of them apart I can tell the difference .

At any rate the float was bent shutting off the gas ,The accelerator pump diaphragm was as hard as a rock and wouldn't pump fuel .

I got a message off to the seller explaining "our " problem .It doesn't work period .My problem is I'm out 176 bucks .His problem if he doesn't rectify the problem is he gets a negative feedback and I still get my money back from paypal .I'll win one way or another .His choice .I'm usually a nice guy but don't screw with me .:evil:

I don't think it was really an intentional scam .These guys buy out old stock by the job lots from various places for pennys on the dollar and just resell them .All kinds of stuff .It was never tested just shipped .

WTH I'll give the guy a chance to make it right before I drop the hammer .Chit happens .If I don't get a reply in say three -four days I'll just turn it over to flea bay .If flea bay/palpal doesn't get it Visa will .

I should have just got a rebuild kit myself in the first place and know it was done right ,I just didn't want to fool with it .Money I have, time I do not working 7-12's almost forever it seems .

Jeez, Al, you work a ton.

Busy day, second day of view pruning. No hiccups. It was hourly (I like it when its too hard to know what to expect.

New guy is hard working. Erik climbed a lot of the time, as did I.

Arbor Trolley was handy. Very steep property. Tow line off the pickup. 40' at a time, then reset. Turn the uphill corner, make the driveway, then tow to the chipper or firewood pile. I think I was overworking the tires somewhat, with the logs and turning. .

Al's gonna drop dead at work one day - not cool. Retirement ain't such a bad thing...

Who wants to die with a ton of money? What good will it do you, then?

Just saying...

Good point Butch!

Started a big 5 tree Cottonwood wreck yesterday. Got three of them down, the hard part. Weather is gonna put the breaks on things for a few days. . .

Don't worry about me .It's not like I work my butt off like you arborist types .It's almost like semi retirement truth be known .I'm in better shape actually than most people who are 50 at work .--clean living --:D

Now the carb .I got in touch with the flea bay seller so that should go well .I also ordered brand new Solex carb today from a supplier I've dealt with before in Florida .Believe it or not they still make a varient of the CJ5 in India .I think Mahindra makes them .

It's amazing how technology trickles down the food chain, so to speak. Russia was making the Farmall F-20 many decades after IH had moved on to letter series tractors.

For Al.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vhj9cGkyHzY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I guess the Indian jeeps are not very pretty, but still go anywhere.

We got started digging today on the pipeline. We are using HDPE fuse together pipe and I only ruined one coupler! I hired a friend with some backhoe experience to run the Kobelco 220 LC excavator. Fortunately the new mounts I welded on are holding. That is a hell of a machine, he nearly got 2000 feet today and we did not start digging util noon. Only 21000 more feet to go!

I also have contracted the plague or something. Sore muscles and stomach cramps.

If you reply to this post I suggest you wash your hands! Just to be on the safe side!

Quite a project it sounds like Jim.

I'm run off my feet here, the fall rush is upon us and winter seems like it's ready to swoop in at any time. There's been a lot of new little start up tree companies popping up around here. Seems to be more and more each year. Most don't last long but it kind of pisses me off a bit as they cream a bit of the easy work. To me a real tree company should be able to take all comers, not just the easy work and pass on anything hard or risky. Just my take on it.

Had a client tell me a guy we know of in town literally told her he would under cut us 100-200.00 on a job we had bid. He had asked who she was having do the work and then proceeded to tell her that info. Really kind of pissed me off.
Karma is gonna bite this one. I guarantee it :/:
She put him in his place though. Told him that she was hiring us because of our reputation, the fact that we do great work, come highly recommended, insured, and have done wonderful work for her before and have fair pricing.
Also told him we do the job as described and not take it upon our selves to change the job description and parameters during the job and offer it up as a surprise after the fact (he did some planting for her in the past that was not quite what she had agreed upon :lol: ).
You just have to love a loyal customer. :D
Especially one that lives on the corner of the turn off to the hospital. Seems we always add to our daily or weekly take in that area when we are working it :D

Took down a big cherry tree today. A little too windy for comfort but all went well. Get to go back next week and take out a maple that I was worried about doing in the wind but all in all it was a great day.

When the wind is workable it is wonderful...I love the movement trees can show us...experiencing that movement can make for a fine day.

Ground stumps in the rain & wind all day...cold! Glad the furnace works in the camper.

Came back home at dark to meet with Sax player about Studio work scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Walking Memphis Blues shuffle 8)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Gave the ol chipper its makeover today. Pics are out of order. The gray is how it started. Primerd it brown then painted it green. The guts on this thing are almost all new. Not bad for an '85!

Looks good Page.
Morbark must have forgot to prime my chipper because it's rusted all to heck and it's only a 2001 year model.

Morbark claims to have a "new" paint now that will stand the test of time, but as Page has done paint is only as good as the primer under it.
There's a shop down the road that does sandblasting so that may be a good winter project for me....plus getting that "new" paint to finish it off with.

Back