How'd it go today?

Chill day here which was nice. Had a weird ass wedding to attend at 6, but that was only about an hour, so it wasn't terrible. Another chill day with maybe some splicing tomorrow, then it's back up to TCI tomorrow night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My old 1250 decided not to start today after we trimmed 3 pin oaks that hadn't been touched in way to long. Looking for a 250xp now. Petty sure I'll be able to have it running with either the key switch or Murphy switch but I've had enough of this one. I bought it used, ran it for 12 years, replaced the motor 3 years ago and now it seems to nickel and dime me every couple of weeks. I can rent an 1800 off my boss tomorrow just so I can clean up the job but this sucks. I was just about to pay my bucket truck off and be debt free on the business end.

Busy season. Luckily, good weather. Worked 6-7 hours today, limbing the last of three firs, the biggun, forwarding brush for the grapple truck, helped load 4- 16' logs out of the second tree. Long butted for metal. Firewood above.

Going tomorrow to strip and top the last 40'. All small limbs for the grapple truck, now.

Summer has been terrible for us, work wise. The drought means that grass has not been growing, so the big landscaping company where we do 2 months worth of hedge trimming have taken their people off grass mowing and put them on hedges, meaning no work for us.
That is the reason you use sub-contractors, so you can lay them off at days notice, when the weather screws with work.
We've been keeping the calendar full, but only on a day to day basis.
That really gets on my nerves after a while, so getting a call yesterday that pretty much filled our time till logging season with work was great.
Line clearing, and not terribly well paid, but it sure took the pressure off:)

I know how you feel Treebilly, it's a never ending cycle that's for sure.

Similar here Stig, drought is pretty common and every lawn guy has a ladder and pole saw & things are getting tighter every year. Not a bad week last week even though I had to break my rule and do three palms, but it was cut & leave. Three days booked for this week so far, so things could be worse.

Happy birthday Page, I bought a new truck for my birthday last year.8)

What was weird about the wedding?

Everything. One annoying dude already drunk 10 minutes in. The bride had two little dogs attempt to follow her down the isle, and while they were giving their vows, one almost pee'd on her dress and then they started humping each other behind her. Everyone was facing looking directly into the sun the whole time. And just a very weird crowd of people. Not to mention all the weird stories dad had from the rehearsal.

Cut the annoying, but it doesn't seem like you can really blame the guy for getting drunk in ten minutes. He might have had the most fun of anyone.

I didn't mind him getting drunk, so much as he was the know it all loud mouth drunk who kept shouting stuff out while the whole ceremony was going on and he wouldn't shut up.

That sounds interesting.

Weddings.:shaking: Only been to a few and don't think I'll ever go to another.

Last one was a few years ago and I volunteered to drive because the other guy is a disaster behind a wheel at the best of times. 6pm-2am drinking water.#-o They all got home safely, but I sure needed a drink when I got home.:drunk:

You can get pissed 364 days a year and act like an arse, nobody remembers. Do it at a wedding and it will never be forgotten (or forgiven) Always ensure there's a bigger, drunker jerk than you.

[Weddings.:shaking: Only been to a few and don't think I'll ever go to another.]

My thoughts exactly. Never did like em. Went to my sons last fall, naturally had to do that one, and it sucked. Maybe sucked isn't the right term, but I loath going to them.

Played a few hundred receptions over the years...seen some pretty strange stuff.

today kinda sucked but tomorrow is another day...

N

[Weddings.:shaking: Only been to a few and don't think I'll ever go to another.]

My thoughts exactly. Never did like em. Went to my sons last fall, naturally had to do that one, and it sucked. Maybe sucked isn't the right term, but I loath going to them.
Love weddings! What a bunch of misery guts!

There was a funny scene in a Rodney Dangerfield movie. A helicopter flies over a middle class suburban neighborhood slowly showing the perfectly arranged block of lined up neat houses and rectangular backyards, then it comes to Rodney's house where he is getting married in the yard. All the guests are crammed in standing back there crushed against the fences with no room to move, like a thousand people in a small back yard. Yards on either side of the fences are totally vacant. It was a crackup when seen from above. Typical Rodney!

Back