How'd it go today?

ooo...I love the preview option.

Randy, hope the back gets feeling better. hurtin' sucks.

Had a great lesson on the 5-string today. My instructor is a cool old guy. 40 yrs in the coal mines in E. KY and just retired this last year. He's an honest-t-god missing link between the old Appalachian music and modern-day Bluegrass. I'm learning whole new ways to approach playing the instrument.8)

Rumor has it we may work tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.:/:

First nights sleep since the tooth ache and feeling great, now off to look at a cherry that's blown down at local college. Have a great day everyone.

Mini storm in Hobart yesterday, big old historic trees in parks and streets split and down all over the place.
Some poor bugger was killed outright when a big eucalyptus fell on his truck and crushed it...damn!
Think they said it was blowing 130km.
We missed the worst of it, driving back from the north, but the SKY!!! The cloud formations coming over the western tiers (mountains) was...was...amazing, rippled and scalloped and black and gray, just amazing!!

I like mine. The key seems for me to use it a few times a week even if my back doesn't hurt.
And I found you don't need to hang upside down for it to work. Just enough angle so you feel it pulling on your ankles is good. Lay there for a minute or so then wiggle your shoulders so you slide down a little more then relax for a few and repeat.

This. Slow and easy. Have someone there to help balance you are the right level, initially, not the first 'stop' necessarily.

Big 5 Sports sells them on sale periodically for $100 or so, FWIW to people. Probably other big retailers of the like in other parts of the country do too.

Inversion tables work wonders on the lower-mid back. I wish the case was the same for the neck. Just not enough weight in the head to pull anything apart. The right exercise with the inversion table and you can really make a difference. I have a few framer friends in their late forties and fifties who swear by them.

Not to try it yourself, but a guy I know that was in a bad car wreck had a thing from his doctor that was effectively an over the door mounted deal that tractioned his neck with some padded bars that fit under his chin and back of the head. It might be something to inquire about, if compression is the problem, and decompression is part of the answer.

Surgeons hammer the nail.

I use the forerunners of the inversion table, inversion boots.
I think they stopped making those because too many out of shape, elderly men were found dead, hanging in them.
If you don't have the muscles to do a situp and pull yourself up, you are a goner, if you are alone with no one to help you.
The table is a wast improvement, safety wise.

I use the inversion harness.

Given a few clients a nasty shock when they see me hanging upside down in their tree though. :lol:

repressing my laugh....

topped & dropped a few Walnuts today next to primaries. Had a fun day climbing again and finished the job by 1:30 with a full days pay.:D

One to top in a yard and some more to take down in the woods tjomorrow, then back up in my home town for a day or two.:) Turning out to be a fairly nice week so far..

Before buying one, simply get something like a door and lay it on a decline. Hook your legs over the high end of the door. Relax. Give it a few minutes. Nothing too steep. If it feels better, go a little steeper/ deeper. If it works for you and you would like it to be more comfortable, buy it for a hundred on sale if you can find it. I've seen it normally for two hundred.

I hurt my back on a tornado storm work deal, I bought one, couldn't have worked without it. I flew home without it, and bought one here. Its there if I need it. I should use it so I don't need it. I've actually been meaning to retrieve it from the barn, since I have more room in the house.

So radio callback show was full of 'arborphobia' this morning after the storm and the unfortunate death of a man crushed by a falling tree on the weekend.
Mind you, there are lots of damaged trees near the roads, lots of post bushfire stuff that has since died, but also lots of perfectly fine stuff.
Going to pitch in tomorrow...need to remind people that trees don't just 'fall down' there is usually a reason, or a series of reasons and due diligence is important, but removing ALL risk is impossible.

U can get the same effect of decompression using 2 chairs. Hold yourself up like your going to do dips. Lock your arms and let your body weight drop and go down til your shoulders touch your ears. If you need a little extra, wiggle your knees around as u hang and watch as your back cracks all the way up! Immediate relief! I first injured my back when I was 19 and have been in the hospital a handful of times since. I've been doing this for a few years now and found it's really done wonders for me and improved my back pain.

Maybe he is the person in that song that goes: "Do your ears hang low do they wobble to and fro, can you tie them in a knot, can you tie them in a bow,...."

Along those lines, I have a spine stretch with no equipment.

Adjust for your body,

STanding, bend a bit in the legs and lean forward a bit. Put palms on top of thigh near hip. Lean forward, straighten arms, balance to that your back stretches and your weight is transferred from your upper body, through your locked arms, to you thighs.

I use that one a lot, plus variations. It works well for me.

Back