How'd it go today?

I'm not sure how I'd even clean myself up after that. Take a bath in gojo?

Fast Orange with pumice works better and smells better. Scrub good, dry off and let your skin dehydrate for a while and then scrub again. It doesn't work well with water or when skin is wet/damp.

I took a shower with hot hydraulic oil. It doesn't smell as bad but just as hard to get off. I really hate diesel. One drop seems like you spilled a bunch.

Finally getting rain and more rain. Just messes with the schedule is all
So we went out today with a chance of showers and got the worst one of two trees down (Yes folks, they roofed around it... )
So we worked in drizzle and ice till she was all the way down. Wish I had brought my camera. Drifted most of it out, then chunks I could throw from right above the roof. Made the last cut up there right at the roof line. Then took the mini and used to forks to lift a log with notches/shelves I cut into it. Then cut a fire wood round below and lowered it to the stump and out of the roof. Cut the next one off the top, now below the rafters, and pushed it off. Rob moved the rest of the chunk back off the stump. HO was impressed. Awesome when a plan comes together.
Supposed to rain the rest of the weekend and possibly Monday as well. I have to go back with Rob tomorrow... Damn E brake cable broke on the Dingo so it is stuck right where she is. Blocking a car port. See if we can disconnect everything and get her on the trailer to bring her home.
Last week it was the choke cable... Found a hydraulic leak Wed.. 200T took a shit.... Ford needs a master cylinder installed.
Fug it! Game on!

It has a winch, and at that price, a grapple could come in handy, especially if you get into clearing. Around here clearing jobs are the money jobs.

Line skidders which have gone extinct in our area because of grapples and feller bunchers is a sad thing. Now the grapple skidder operators I see are all out of shape with bad backs bouncing over stumps all day.
Back in the day a good line skidder operator was an athlete. As a faller I was always there to help him pull out the mainline and help him choke up, that teamwork was awesome.
You never saw a closed in cab with heat on a line skidder either. These guys had no time to get cold, and the company we logged for never let us skid more then 500 ft to the landing.
I believe someday that way of logging will come back again.:)

I bought a Lotto ticket today, first time ever. 107 million dollar jackpot. I swear, If I won that, I'd buy some cool stuff, keep enough to live off the interest, and give the rest away. No person in the world needs 107 million dollars.

Saw this in the Lumberman magazine I get: http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=9737335&dlr=1&pcid=3138137 New tires, motor, clutch. Has grapple and winch. A lot of machine for the money, unless the rest of it is scrap iron.

Looking for newer. They emailed me pics of that thing from the garage it lived in before it even made its way to Kleis equipment. Literally, I looked at pics of it up close on Friday and they were waiting to get it in on Monday. Its not a bad machine, but Id really like just a bit newer with a few more creature comforts. Im looking for a 90's unit. Plus that one has a Detroit, and Im not listening to a Detroit. God bless anyone that can tolerate them. They're a bit much for me. I am keeping my eye out for Timberjacks. I don't have experience with them but as I understand it, they are well built money makers. And easy to get in and out of.

Back in the day a good line skidder operator was an athlete. As a faller I was always there to help him pull out the mainline and help him choke up, that teamwork was awesome.
You never saw a closed in cab with heat on a line skidder either. These guys had no time to get cold, and the company we logged for never let us skid more then 500 ft to the landing.
You got this right Willard, those were the days!!

I believe someday that way of logging will come back again.:)

Not sure why you believe that but hope you are right.

Willard, have you ever logged with horses or seen anyone else doing it?

I've done a little. The horses are very low impact, the skid trails are like 6' wide, so it is environmentally friendly. Not high production though, of course.

I ran a Timberjack 208 for a long time. Zero creature comforts but the machine was an unstoppable, dependable beast.

Yeah Detroits will split your skull

My day was terrible, snowboarded all day, its a hard life.
Had to slog through 8-18" of super dry, light, blower pow on the mountain. Been a slow year, but best day of the season so far!
New snowboard is killing it :P

My day was terrible, snowboarded all day, its a hard life.
Had to slog through 8-18" of super dry, light, blower pow on the mountain. Been a slow year, but best day of the season so far!
New snowboard is killing it :P

:thumbup:

I just watched the snowboard olympic event that the US guy won. Pretty wild with the air and stunts they do when flying. Impressive, you could easily break your neck.

image.jpg

2nd place not for profit float! Everyone loves a parade. My kids on the right, with the horns. I supplied the truck and trailer.

Hmm that turned out odd? The sideways thing. Sorry.

Went out to the job site we were at yesterday. Got the E brake pulled off the mini and the mini out of the car port it was blocking. Back there Monday to TD tree two and some limbs. Felt good to sit and chat with the customers with a cup of coffee on a rainy day inside with a wood stove :)
Came home and sharpened some chains, reorganised the chain box and got a few things done. More to do tomorrow.

Back