How'd it go today?

Spent my morning in a golf cart looking at beautiful live oaks on a 190 acre spread all open days of summer are booked! Score to say the least.

You guys want to talk about slow? I got my first call Saturday to do an estimate. The first call since November. Worst winter Ive ever imagined.

That's funny you say that Butch. I thought I'd surprise my wife with a sensible purchase by bringing home a 50 pound sack of potatoes from my buddies farm.......

Im so sick of potatoes as a side dish I could puke.

I eat almost the same breakfast and supper every day. I like it that way, it makes grocery shopping way easy. When I want something different, I'll buy it or eat out.

The wife asks me every morning.......what do you want for breakfast? I always say, an egg sandwich. She rarely makes me an egg sandwich.

Why does she ask I wonder??????

My uncle used to have bacon and eggs every morning. He lived in to his 80's. Working like a horse helps with the fat and cholesterol, I think.

I took my neighbors some sauerkraut and was talking with them. His father lived to be 94. When they had ham all he wanted was the fat.

Funny how some people can do all the wrong things and not suffer any ill effects.

Genetics has a lot to do with it. I read a study a long time ago about mid westerners. It seemed like they lived just as long or longer than most. Cream, eggs, whole milk, butter, bacon and the like. Hard damn physical work seemed to have a lot to do with the longevity. Then again i know a fellow in his sixties who must be 450 pounds and the only work he has done is get out of bed.

Women are strange Randy. At least mine is. Mad at me for not taking time off and now mad that i am not doing anything productive.

rsky, nice score!

I'm a firm believer in Buckwheat (buttermilk is for girls) pancakes every morning. Order the mix direct from the mill (Hodgson).

Stayed home & sold a banjo today. boss is just fixing up skid roads this am so only would have got in a 1/2 day anyway.

Called garage about getting block heater installed...they had it and it got sent back because it didn't have a name (mine) on it.:X So they will order it again to have it on hand when I can get my truck in again. :|:

Been trying to upgrade my OS on my mac so I can use a music recording site that got upgraded again and having a heck of a time. Not my happy day on the 'puter. Tenpted to fix it with a hammer...

'Bout ready to throw something at a guy who lives down the street...does nothing but pokey nose into everybody's business and try to stir the pot.
We are trimming and reducing OUR trees on OUR side of a fence (wattles loaded with grubs and literally falling apart) we get on really well with the neighbour over who's little shed said tree hang...mr. pokey nose in chatting to our neighbour expressed dismay at what we were doing and said our neighbour should be vexed...
Neighbour basically told him to piss off and stop trying to start trouble...I was swinging about in our trees yesterday, mr. pokey nose walked by twice and wouldn't even say good morning.
He is SUCH a tit.

My sister in Utica has a neighbor like that. He has a box elder growing just barely on his side of the fence. It has a nice lean over my sister's garage. It should have been killed when it was small. Now it is a big job and he has no desire to take it down. I told my sister she could hack anything off on her side of the line so she went and bought a pole saw and got a quick education in trimming. I climbed up and cut one off at the trunk when I was there and was pretty sure he wouldn't show up. Nothing was said.

One of these days I expect it to uproot and smash the garage. Oh well, build a new one I guess.

I think that the secret to being able to eat the same thing for breakfast everyday, is not eating too much that you feel full. I've had an egg and hash browns for what must be going on three years. I leave the table thinking that I wish there was more to eat, which leads into the next morning. Simple....

Witnessed a horrific crash on i26.... Few seconds earlier woulda been me. Watched a full tanker separate from tractor and go airborne. Thought for sure I was about to see some one die.......no one was hurt. 4 trucks total.

I ran up to see tanker leaking clear liquid.....thought to myself, oh shit gasoline. Realized cab was still on road . Luckliy it was only hauling water. Dam near miss......

Back