How'd it go today?

Easy to apply, i use a paint sprayer or hand oump bottle for small areas. Long lasting waxy coating, water beads like wax. Really ceeaps into crevises. Does not stain, or alter factory appearance. Drys to a nice sheen, not shinny or sticky like fluid film. I like it. Kinda stinky though.

Rust and corrosion prevention basically. I dig it.

Thanks for the good info, B. Can you buy it locally or just online?

Always nice to hear from client or boss of how nice a job you've done.

Today for me was long with a phone call last nite. Local tree co climber broke his wrist mid tree. Asked if I could work a day in light of. What was to be two trees at different locations turned into a do what the bucket couldn't reach, a live oak trim from a roofline, and a pair of leads on separate trees over screened pool enclosure. Then to second location to do roof clearance work on 5 separate trees. Zero high tie in's and house under repair by siding co.
Got some nice compliments and some wish we would have known about you comments.
Would have liked to pass some cards but not my ethic.
Still wanted more from me but by the time set up would have happened light would have been near gone.
Was at my limit of doing a favor not your employee speech!

rsky...nice of you to help out...I can relate to reaching the limit with it though

Jack, did you mean :/: ?

log sale today...easy day for me running bobcat.

I spent part of the last couple days splitting a Case IH 95 tractor to change the clutch. 1600 hours on it. Not enough to normally need replacing. A combination of front loader work, lots of different not necessarily good operators, and not the best design.

$1100 in parts and fluids so far. The dealer said about $5000 for them to do the job. Having a cab on it makes the job lots harder. Got most of the way home from the dealer and the owner decided to look through the box of parts. They forgot a couple bearings. He has a 70 mile trip to do over again tomorrow. DOOHHH. Shoulda looked them over at the dealer

How did I get in to this deal? Oh well, it is out of the wind and kind of heated. Be glad when it is done.

I've burnt myself out working 7 12's .Taking some time off ,I only work one day next week --at work .Got a thousand other things to do ,it piles up ya know .

Checked out my trees on the prop line this a.m. They must have got the message next door...used a track machine to plow everything straight to the back of the lot and left 3' not plowed.

Day off today. Had a big walnut scheduled to top & drop, but it's a bit windy/snowy for that particular job so put it off until Monday.

Found out I'm making more $ than I thought. I'm making more than the per day rate we first agreed on plus still getting paid a per job price for topping/climbing. nice...8) Guess he is pretty happy with my performance so far. Although to be honest it's not hard to look good when compared to the other crew members. :P...kids.

Sometimes being an A-hole seems to be the only way to really get the point across. Words seem to float right through without contacting any grey matter. I don't really like being the bad guy but......... Good job on showing them the way. Nice gig too.

I really disliked having to go that far to get the point across on my simple request. I'm usually very tolerant but these guys just couldn't keep their fingers off my button.

The plowing/sanding is what ran me down. A couple days this last week plowed the middle of the night then rolled for trees. To much in a day.

You must have really pushed yourself Squish, glad you were able to rest up.

I relinquished all of the plowing and salting to my employee Tim this year. He loves it and I think it burns a hole in my brain, so it works out well. I enjoy being up early but I don't enjoy the monotony of it all. If we can get into more light to medium commercial work in the future things will change, but for now I will enjoy a break from plowing after 12 years of it.

Yah that's awhile alright. I'm six or so years in and expanded my plowing this year so two trucks run. Me and my employee. If it's light or just needs sanding then I roll out early and service but my employee still needs a day so we roll for the trees too.

Back