How'd it go today?

It'll depend on the species and where it was at before takedown. If it was cut, split and piled/stacked early in the year and protected from rain I could see it being burnable. I usually season my wood a full year though unless it was standing dead. I don't sell any though. Just personal use and family/friends.

Cold here today, as it has been for awhile. -10 to -15c plus windchill. Tonight dipping to -18 or so plus wind. We haven't missed a day but it gets to me after a few days the constant cold. I've got a fire in my house that was originally sparked four or five days ago. I'm in my shop tonight working in my 99 f550 7.3. Sweet rig and it'll be even sweeter once I'm done slapping all new rear brakes i
About to break out the torches to get the caliper mounting bolts off the first side. Friday night excitement. lol.

Do you use the heat it up and quench it method? Amazing sometimes what it will do.

WE are up to the daily high of -11F. Was about -24 this morning. I have been getting my small ice fishing shelter ready.

Cold here today, as it has been for awhile. -10 to -15c plus windchill. Tonight dipping to -18 or so plus wind. We haven't missed a day but it gets to me after a few days the constant cold. I've got a fire in my house that was originally sparked four or five days ago. I'm in my shop tonight working in my 99 f550 7.3. Sweet rig and it'll be even sweeter once I'm done slapping all new rear brakes i

Do you use the heat it up and quench it method? Amazing sometimes what it will do.

That's the only way to go. Too bad everyone thinks it doesn't work.

It works like magic on brake bleeders. Heat them up to glowing and hit them with a spray from dish detergent bottle, windex spray bottle, or hose. If it doesn't come the first time let it cool all the way and repeat. Works on the stupid bolts they put in rotors to hold them on the hub too.

My friend that showed me that technique explained the science behind it. Basically the water turns to steam and reacts with the rust blowing it out of the threads. I've done it to bolts that would have been impossible to remove with a wrench, and once loosened, they come out finger loose. Whenever you get rust in between two pieces of metal, it puts pressure on them. Like rust jacking between a double frame on a truck. Once you get the rust out, the parts can be spun out easily.

Little bit of an elm I did some branch removal over the roof line a few weeks back before the leaves came out...

Attachments

• Gills large elm.jpeg
    Gills large elm.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Gills elm sitting on the roof.jpeg
    Gills elm sitting on the roof.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 63
Had a good day quick job some dead over a service drop then came home and finished a pair of Christmas gifts for my grams.
7ajabyvy.jpg

Nice tree Fiona. Good sized!

Today was really nice considering. Woke up to about 9" of snow. We all got ready for the day and left to drop Kat and Lilly off at the women's tea. My mom and sister met them there. The girls had a great time of it. The boys and I futzed around until time to pick them up. Then we headed for my mom's for dinner. Kids got to spend some quality time with their aunt and uncle. Just a nice day. Everything i icing up now at 19* F. Should be an interesting morning taking Kat into work at 5 am

Just took Katy to work as I am the designated snow and ice pilot.. 14F or -10C for you guys on that other system.... Kinda chilly for the sunny land of fruits, nuts and frosted flakes.

My friend that showed me that technique explained the science behind it. Basically the water turns to steam and reacts with the rust blowing it out of the threads. I've done it to bolts that would have been impossible to remove with a wrench, and once loosened, they come out finger loose. Whenever you get rust in between two pieces of metal, it puts pressure on them. Like rust jacking between a double frame on a truck. Once you get the rust out, the parts can be spun out easily.

That is pretty wild.

It is a stunning tree, the property is a bed and breakfast in an historic town. The tree is smack dab between the main house and the guest cottage. It has been left to grow naturally and arches from the top to the ground on all sides.
The owner said she would have to move if anything ever happened to her tree. We are fighting the battle of elm leaf beetle right now too

The roof tiles are a type of concrete tile, not slate, a little unusual as most roofs around here are tin. I did ask to make sure my enormous weight wouldn't run the chance of breaking anything :lol:

I usually hit it with penetrating oil like deep creep when it's super hot. Heat and beat, spray. Repeat if nescessary. I've never run into a bolt I couldn't get out.

I'll have to give the water a try next time.

Roads too bad to move skidder to next job so had the day off.

Took Dog into vet for yet another ear infection + hematoma this time.:|: Seems like I just got done shoving pills down his troat now we start up again...

Called to get a price on installing a block heater in my F450. No call back yet...maybe tomorrow.

Managed to finally get a bit of snow here. Dropped about 5" so far and still coming down.

The thermometer said -6 when I walked out this morning with a windchill in the -20's. It just flat out looked cold outside today with the wind blowing the snow everywhere. The ropes looked and acted more like steel cable when they came out of the bag. The highlight of the day was seeing a Bald Eagle soaring overhead around mid day, it really made me stop and admire.

Well, just came in from using the mini to return some snow the company next door misplaced amongst my Arbs I have planted 3' my side of the property line. :X

This has been happening for the last three or so years and I've talked to them several times politely asking they not cover my trees in snow. They have killed two already and damaged three others at the least.

Hope they have fun shoveling their way into the building in the morning...:/:

Back