How'd it go today?

I had to get creative to do that. Never have done it before as i usually have a chip box on. Not sure what you mean though. It has 360 swivel, just not continuous.

More thinking how did you drive with boom in the back bed as when taking a corner it stays stationary is my thought. Hence no Sharp turns or the boom would be sticking out the side opposite the turn.

First day of felling for timber co. today (Guy who was supposed to was a no-show). They kept telling me how bad a spot it was. Small lot of Red Oak surrounded by road, house, pole barn, and service lines. I didn't think it was that bad but then I'm more used to cramped quarters than they are.

Guess things went OK...trees fell where I wanted and no collateral damage. I will top a few out tomorrow and take those down then time to move to next job.

I might go to work for them full time. We are sort of talking around it but haven't sat with the boss and come up with hard numbers on pay yet. We'll see.

Roofed through winter up here for 23 years. Climbed all Winter for Wright & Trees Inc. Not too bad most of the time. I have gotten a bit spoiled and stayed in for the last couple years though, while going to school.

Felled a dead cedar, smashed an apple (not intended) then dropped some little oaks over a cliff, soooo much easier than clearing them up. 2hours 15 mins journey there, same back obviously, so knackered but financially.....worth it.

Squish, Did you get the Toyos on your truck yet? I priced them here...$465 US each...ouch!

I had the day off today. Got the house cleaned...really needed it, looked like a bachelor lived here :lol:

Ordered some chains, picked up prescription, Owner of Timber Co. stopped in and we made a deal for now, so I'll start full time for him tomorrow.

Squish, Did you get the Toyos on your truck yet? I priced them here...$465 US each...ouch!

I had the day off today. Got the house cleaned...really needed it, looked like a bachelor lived here :lol:

Ordered some chains, picked up prescription, Owner of Timber Co. stopped in and we made a deal for now, so I'll start full time for him tomorrow.

I did pick up a set for my 550. I had them drilled and studded, mounted, balancing compound, tire levies, taxes and whatnot made for a hefty bill. So far so good I'm hoping for two good winters out of them and then a summer.

Congrats on the new gig. Sometimes I miss the bush but it's a hard go around here for the logging I did.

This afternoon my wife lost a diamond ring. Like three hours ago in a parking lot of a busy shopping centre. Not her wedding ring but a three diamond band that I had custom made for her. The diamonds had been in my family for many generations. A bummer for certain. Calls are out, ads are placed, reward offered. Not much else you can do.

She momentarily took her ring off and placed it on her jacket. She had the door open while she did this. Heh it's Canada it's safe around here. Anyways she moves, here's the tinkle of the ring falling out the door, looks but sees nothing and then drives off. About 10min down the road she notices her naked finger and pits it all together. 5-10min of panicking and frantically searching the truck, another 10min to drive back and no dice. Or no ice in this case I guess.

I sure hate seeing my girl so upset with herself.

Cool shots Andrew. :thumbup:

Just did a good start on a two tree Mistletoe removal. Should have it wrapped up on a day next week. Just jumped him forward as I have a conflict in my schedule. We are supposed to be going to the Monterey Aquarium.
Snow may hold off until Friday night. Might get two more days in and then the Weekend is nutz with family and kids stuff.
Sent Rob out solo to start burning a job we got rained out on.
Kat and I did the mistletoe.
Have all three of us tomorrow doing some removals. More on Friday,

Stephen you seem to get a lot of Mistle tow jobs. In my hometown I show it to customers and they usually don't even care unless the tree is half dead already. I usually see it here on Water Oaks.

That's a drag, Justin. Hope is shows up. I know the feeling, lost a treasured knife once, set on the back of my mom's car and she drove off. I scoured the streets, but no dice.

I took a couple days off to rearrange the house .Looks like furniture warehouse with chit piled up to the cealing from having a hardwood floor installed ,new paint etc .I had to wait until the sun comes up to installed new recepticals because I can't see with the lights out .It's about that time .

Oh it's never ending Jay .It isn't that it's unfinished just upgrades sort of.Too many "home improvement " shows on TV .It's a woman thing I think,nesting stuff I suppose .

Now I could live in my shop,sleep on a cot and chit in a 5 gallon bucket but this business I'd just as well do it and get it over with rather than hear about it the rest of my life. I've known many women in my lifetime .I never met one who didn't nag in some form or another .Some had it down to a fine science as a matter of fact .

Back