How'd it go today?

Rupert fared better than Bug did. Some asshole diliberately ran her over yesterday. I put her in the ground as the rest of the family bawled. I wish I could find out who he was.......

1.jpg I dont understand the evil in people. The guy who stopped and called me said the guy gunned it and hooted and holered as he ran her over. I felt so bad for the old guy he was bawling.

Bug was 7 months old and 2.5 lbs.. she was joy epitomized

nope, no idea or I would be in jail right now.....

I try to protect my family.

I failed Bug

I have never been there. I believe God may have spared me on that one because I should have a couple times too many in my younger days? or luck, karma, whatever one chooses to believe. I think I would chance that one myself. I have two children as well and that is the thing that I am sure burns you up. I am mad for you. I will leave this subject alone because I can only imagine? :drink

So sad to read that, Paul. A difficult loss - condolences to you and the family.

My condolences to your family Paul.

Another day of dead hazardous removals thank god for a decent tie in, but a ways away could have been a struck by but I wasn't taking any chances. Swung to safety and glad I did as the top ten feet came out. Then changed a flat on a overloaded triple axle that was almost to much for my pair of jacks going to finish a day ahead of schedule though. That will be a rest day:beer:

Sorry to hear, Paul. That's terrible. As was said, you can't be everywhere.

Rupert is doing okay walking. No exertion beyond that, yet, except a couple stairs.

Today sucked. We showed up OTJ and someone else had already started... I guess they were a few bucks cheaper.

You can do that when you don't carry WC.

Today sucked. We showed up OTJ and someone else had already started... I guess they were a few bucks cheaper.

You can do that when you don't carry WC.

That sort of crap pisses me off. Framed homes for many years.....always carried WC and GL.......never had anything that covered my own ass though.....

Sorry for you and the families loss Paul...
I will say, emotionally, it could be worse...
It could have been you run over the family dog with the Mrs and the kids in the vehicle... Bad ... very very bad...

Some views of our job today with Google aid......

Front of house (was a church) 5 little valley oaks, one covered in ivy. It was the largest of them and right against the roof. Remove ivy, prune and cable, remove leader over house. Dead wood and raise crown on the rest. Live oak right front... and two Western Juniper (behind Maple) dead wood and crown raise. Drive way right, remove dead pines leaning toward house and dead limbs on larger pine threatening drive.. Used larger pine to lift as gin pole over brush and lower to drive way... Brush was to be maintained for screen... Remove PO...

Wilson-1.JPG

Behind house... You can just see the crown of a fruitless mulberry that was horribly neglected (arrow)... Crown raise off roof and pool area.. off rental house... dead wood and prune with some reduction of lever weight..... There were grapes involved as well... There was also a hanger in an oak tree behind the pool over the propane tank (not pictured).

Wilson-2.JPG

Cool thing about the front is that one could swing off the roof, into the larger oak in the front.. work into a high central TIP and then have at three of the trees that were about 10 feet apart or so. The live oak and western junipers were the same way... up the oak and just take care of the junipers while you were at it :) Fun couple of days. Third client to pay with a CC.... :)

Sorry to hear about Bug, they're some creeps around.

I stopped once to take a little turtle off the road, a few cars slowed down and went around him then just as I got there one aimed right at him. Prick.

Probably better you never find out who it was.:(

Back