How'd it go today?

Working on a clearing project on a creek next two days and got rained out today 1/2 day in.. Finally killed one of the little Echo 360Ts. Sounds like piston slap... betting on bearings. Cylinder is clean.. I'll just switch over the plastic onto the other one with a good motor and save back some parts. I always carry more saws than I need just for that reason...
Mini did awesome pulling grape vines out of trees and brush.
Made some good head way no matter.

Home early without chipper today. Got home and decided a burn was in order with tomorrow off so a enjoyable eve;)
zaberaby.jpg

I so know why I love my chipper after this
yja9ezyp.jpg

Joel, except for mainly being brush, your truck reminds of the Chinamen that come around seeking scrap. That is what their trucks will look like and they will be piling more on. They will take about anything with metal in or on it. If you give them a big can of steel shavings and say that you want the can, they will just dump it in the mix. They will also eyeball everything that you don't want to get rid of too, look at your table saw that is obviously being used and ask if you still want it. Sorting out what they pick up must be a joy. :|: That is how they survive, though.

This was in the tree next to one I was working.
Fortunately, they didn't bother me - I DID NOT BOTHER THEM!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vBjowIBRrHM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice vid Jack as its so high in the tree snow fall is coming your way this year or so the old farmer's almanac would say.
I cut that truck load down more than six times. Only reason I stopped was crew saying I think that's good. It was close to home, all back roads so I feared not the loose stick and leaves.
We have scrappers like you describe so I know full well what you speak of;)

I was talking to my gardner friend, and he said that he had taken his Zenoah/Redmax G2500 saw to the shop because it wouldn't run. When they gave it back to him, besides saying that it couldn't be repaired, every single part was disassembled and all thrown in together into a plastic bag, one of those total basket cases. I told him to give me the box, man. I couldn't believe that they handled it that way, the so called best shop in the area. I happen to know that saw rather well, already paid some dues on mine, and the p and c looked quite ok. After four hours i had it running good. Not exactly sure what the problem might have been, there was a lot of gunk on the ignition contacts, might not have been getting a proper spark. Further doesn't explain why they took the whole thing apart and didn't reassemble it and gave it back that way, other than it being a nuisance clamshell design. Not saying I'm great or anything, but there wasn't a single part left over :lol:. My friend couldn't believe I fixed it. Good little saw. A big dent in my work schedule for the day, but what the hell.

My ghetto rig went down today. My first real tree truck. It's in my parking lot spraying a fine stream of coolant out of right by the timing cover? Not a hose or water pump. It's to hard to tell yet, may not be good at all. The old 460 in that beast runs like a top still though?

Mine was the chipper catching fire in a customers driveway while he watched us work.... I think he was watching Katy mostly.... but the moment was priceless. Just looked at him after we extinguished the fire... Said "well, at least we got most the brush chipped and the trees are done with no damage to the driveway. We can come back as soon as I rewire it." Smiling.....

That is funny! I wish I had the time like when I was a teenager to sit back drink beer and laugh at people when working. Today I looked at a job and wish I had taken pics. These were the ugliest trees I have seen in most of my life. Live Oak that appeared to have been topped in the past but was growing back like a deformed bush! Also Bradford Pear with healthy limbs cut off the sides except for the top, and palm with husk on bottom 15' section of it then bare the next 15'. I was LMAO yet disgusted than someone would this!?

I was talking to my gardner friend, and he said that he had taken his Zenoah/Redmax G2500 saw to the shop because it wouldn't run. When they gave it back to him, besides saying that it couldn't be repaired, every single part was disassembled and all thrown in together into a plastic bag, one of those total basket cases. I told him to give me the box, man. I couldn't believe that they handled it that way, the so called best shop in the area. I happen to know that saw rather well, already paid some dues on mine, and the p and c looked quite ok. After four hours i had it running good. Not exactly sure what the problem might have been, there was a lot of gunk on the ignition contacts, might not have been getting a proper spark. Further doesn't explain why they took the whole thing apart and didn't reassemble it and gave it back that way, other than it being a nuisance clamshell design. Not saying I'm great or anything, but there wasn't a single part left over :lol:. My friend couldn't believe I fixed it. Good little saw. A big dent in my work schedule for the day, but what the hell.

Good man. ;)

I so know why I love my chipper after this

Me too, that was daily thing for a long time until August 1995. Haven't loaded a truck like that since.:happy7:

Hot today, just over 100F in the shade out the back at 6pm. Great day to be grinding stumps with a heavy duty dust mask on. Didn't have anything else I could do as that wind is back.

Hottest October day on record and it's only mid spring, and dry as hell. Might have to check out that cool vest this summer.

I'm trying to get a few saws buttoned back up today........it's gonna be a short day in the shop though. Gotta take the little wife to Nashville for a checkup.

Then in the morning I'm heading to the beach.......my Mom lives on the North Carolina coast. Win, win on that, get to see Mom, and visit the beach. :)

Back