How'd it go today?

Perfect day here, cloudy no rain slight breeze and a wonderful bunch of trees. Warm homemade pumpkin bread at lunch and a loaf to take home.
emu2u6eh.jpg

Brutal day here. Soaked Norway maple removal plunked between two houses over both, both sets of lines a fence and a garden. No mini access no truck within a couple hundred feet. I'm beat.

A grind eh Squisher? I feel you man. Rest up, tomorrow is a new day.

Climbed a toppless lightning struck maple this evening. Had to take a down about 20 feet before I could drop it to avoid the river. 390 got to eat quite a bit. It was a lot of work, but it was a beautiful night. Wind kept the skeeters down.

Tomorrow I've got to remove a thin, tall spruce which is contacting the roof line of the structure adjacent. Figure we'll pull the top and chunk the rest.

Good luck tomorrow everybody!

~Sam

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/83gddxVpitc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Played Tarzan in a nice live oak and finished it out today... Crown lift, hazard dead and mistletoe removed. It was nice to be able to just climb my way up to a good TIP working as I went and swing from one to the next.... Especially on this clients property... Most his trees were topped by someone in the past and I am in the process of re-education..

My lack of care to my vehicle and trailer caught up to me today. Twenty palms to prune none bigger than 20' bid at $600 for me and one helper. As I roll up in front of the house my tire on my single axle comes off but holds up the trailer! So Charles pointed out it was obviously the bearings. Worked on that till after lunch and still not fixed. So I decide to get some tools from the house after buying two jack stands, new hub/bearings, yada, yada.., Almost home and my radiator explodes. *******! edit: Axle trashed! need new axle, new radiator, yada, yada.., So one day job now two days. On the plus side my trailer is sitting in a really good neighborhood with my sign and cones around it, finished four trees in the front, customer is happy, I have faith that I can turn this around. Next time I post it will be about one of the jobs I kicked *** on.

Stress is a killer and I am not letting kill me. I am not gonna wait and laugh. I think I will just laugh now. It was pretty funny pulling up and in my rear view mirror see my trailer wedged up with the tire holding it up. LOL

Mine was the chipper catching fire in a customers driveway while he watched us work.... I think he was watching Katy mostly.... but the moment was priceless. Just looked at him after we extinguished the fire... Said "well, at least we got most the brush chipped and the trees are done with no damage to the driveway. We can come back as soon as I rewire it." Smiling.....

Worst work vehicles I used in my time with the USFS; one pickup, one Scrambler. Miserable to drive, unreliable, always leaking rain inside, worthless pieces of crap.

Otherwise, they were OK.
:D
I hear ya about being a work vehicle but as a toy they are fun.

One time the oil pressure line to the gauge blew off my chipper on a brand new concrete driveway. I noticed it from up in the tree before the groundies did. When I sai I did the ultimate spider man jump, free fall, rope burning, knot melting, time warping repel to the ground, I mean it. The driveway ran downhill and the oil had run 10 feet. I was out of my mind with panic. Somewhere, somehow we found a box of detergent. I think it was in a truck for some reason? I scrubbed this stuff into the driveway after rubbing woodchips into it to absorb the bulk of it. I scrubbed and scrubbed and all the sudden the skies opened up with an all out downpour. Poured buckets for 5 minutes and stopped like someone turned off the switch. When it was done, that driveway didn't have a stain at all.

Figure that out...

The 3120 do you gain rpm with them or just more power? The experience I have had is they don't wind up enough, love to see the resulting outcome of that build!

The 3120 do you gain rpm with them or just more power? The experience I have had is they don't wind up enough, love to see the resulting outcome of that build!

I've done five 3120s in the last month. Even though all the saws we build are work saws, (I don't do saws for racing at all) we do a set of wide finger ports in the 3120. We also cut the squish band to increase compression, replace the coil with the 272 coil (and on the older 3120s we re-broach the flywheel), add a high speed adjustment needle to the carb. Plus port work of course.

The 3120 likes a big rim.......running a 10 or 12 is the ticket if a wow factor is what you seek.

Back