How'd it go today?

I'm having a pallet of stuff shipped from Bailey's next week.
I'll have to ask Sam to include a catalogue.

Actually, it's not a picture of me specifically...but it's picture with me in it! Still made me sing the "Cover of the Rolling Stone".

I just wrote Sam bailey and asked him for a catalogue.
Gotta see this.
Plenty of great pictures of you in the Redwood book, Terri.
Bet you are the woman who have appeared next to the largest number of huge trees:D

Those little hot rods can flip right over backwards with that much power .

It used to a grand plan to stick 283 Chevys or 289 Fords in them .If they kept the original 5.89 rear axle ratio they wouldn't run much faster .If they changed them out to more modern 3.27 ratio they would twist off the axles .

Depends on what you want I guess .This one was the very last Jeep my departed dad built up,made from parts of several .Likely early 60's CJ5 with the original 134 cubic inch 4 banger at 75 HP .Even with that little stock engine in low range 4 wheel drive it will spin all 4 wheels in second gear half throttle .
It was built as a mud buggy. I would wrench on it some more prolly pull the 350 and go back to an in-line six, if I bought it, I like torque.

Terri, you always enhance the trees.

Took down some big trees, One a tad worrisome, with a lot of back lean over a building. Worked with the original old timer that I first hooked up with here, he called me out of the blue, but i do maintain his saws when he gets around to bringing them over.. Been a number of years. Old and too heavy but still gets around, and better now after some new knees. Nothing really changed though, still yells at me half the time. :lol: He and his brother, something in their blood. Just one of those things, I figure thatt the need to support old timers is more important than their sometimes not the best of ways. The big excavator that we had on it yanked the sucker right over. Nice to use the big 076 for a change. Damn that thing is reliable.... just sits there for months then will start right up. When it went over a pretty large lead sheared off as it rubbed against the tree next to it. I was far enough away by then, but call it highly dangerous. In congested woods,.leaving the base with extra distance is definitely a good rule. Be careful out there. Dark crept in, still one more big bent Pine to dispose of.

Dead Maple Sunday. Flopped a bunch of dead wood today. Had to climb the central one near the bridge and piece it down. All went well. Cleanup turned into a lot of work.

DSC03452.JPG DSC03453.JPG DSC03454.JPG

Split a little bit of wood is all .About a half cord of cherry .Not very good firewood but it smells nice around Yule time .

Today, I finished that tree the swarm of ants chased me out of a while back and started another good sized live oak mistletoe/dead wood/crown raise as well. Finish that up and probably take an early day of it...

Hanging with the family at Waterton Lakes National Park, in Canada, connected to Glacier NP (currently closed due to the shutdown). We arrived for A's work conference today to find that basically Waterton is closing up for the winter this weekend. Someone didn't do the best job of planning. We were just in Fernie for two days while on the way here. We think Fernie would have been a much better location. Oh well.

Conveniently, Erik is taking some vacation starting on Wednesday, for a week. I"ll be back to it on Monday, after arriving back in Oly on Sunday night.

Resting the body, with this weather. We will see how much hiking D and I do this week. A 19 month old doesn't generate much body heat riding in a backpack. Its been sorta rainy tonight.

There is a pool here, which Dahlia and I will go to tomorrow.

In Fernie, they had a sweet indoor water park,2.5 story water slide, big walk-in hot tub, steam room, diving board, rope swing, pool toys..$10 for the three of us. I guess that I'm getting to the age where I can't just jump into things the way I used to, even if its to make a little Bug smile and sign 'more' to me across the pool, encouraging me to do another back flip off the rope swing. I think I strained a little something in my ankle on the diving board. Not like when I was 19, and took a springboard diving class in college. We are stopping through Fernie on the way back, and are definitely going back to their aquatic centre.

Weird seeing the second language on packaging in French, not Spanish.

Sounds real cool, Sean. I visited Glacier NP once, an extraordinary place. Still remember the color of Lake Louise, is it? Saw my first bear there, a big black one crossed the road, and easily hauled A up a steep slope. He didn't look like any tame thing, and I remember being very impressed by the powerful bulging muscles in the bear's shoulders as it moved up very efficiently.

Back