How'd it go today?

Man oh man Jay. Be careful over there! I feel somewhat fearless of the bees around these parts. A sting hurts but no big deal.

We've had heavy rain here for the last couple of days, not all lost though. Been busy arranging my new chainsaw / arb gear workshop. I built an attic in the shop to hold all my inventory of old saws, new parts ,chains and other stuff I might never use again, :lol:
I got my old leaky shed finally empty and ready to haul away to the dump.
I'm really looking forward to the coming winter off season.
Got my eyes on restoring some of my old saws.......but the diamond in my eye is redesigning and rebuilding my 30 yr old Yamaha YZ liquid cooled bike saw.8)

Don't mention sheds and things you might never use again, I can't hardly get into mine. Got to sell some of this stuff.:shaking:

Rain, hail, sunshine, wind, calm, repeat...springtime in Tasmania. 8)

Blowing a gale here again but it's a Nor'wester so it's pretty warm. No sign of rain, it's as dry as a bone. Spring time in Sydney.:laughing6:

Managed to get my job done before it got too bad. Removed a Leylandii I hacked the top out of a few years ago, jeez I hate those things. Dusty as hell on a good day.

Got a call about a fallen tree just as I finished, guess what that was.

Turned out to be one down and one half down and swinging around, plus five others to go as well. Thinking about it now I might have priced the other five a bit high, but I don't really care.

Speaking of leaky shed roofs I need to investigate why the back of my shop is leaking .I also need to get the pole saw and trim the overhang of tree limbs .Needs to be done about every three years it seems .

Ha today I get home to find a small package from Stihl in Va Beach .I opened it up to find a new carb for a 200T .

Now the rest of the story .Some time ago I thought my self and perhaps Adam Clark in Cal. might have found the problems they were experiancing with the 200 carbs and I sent Eddie Anderson AKA Stihl #1 ,one I suspected to have a crack in the fuel chamber .

Stihl ran it through their carb lab and found it not to be so .Eddie had forgoten all about and so did I actually .Thanks Eddie I'll put it on the Super Bee and check it out when I get a chance .:D

Blowing fit to bust today, never seen such high sustained wind since we've been here...might get some work for that new saw...
Chilly, fire's on, burning blackwood, it's about all we've got left, its supposed to be spring!

Knocked down three fir today, Put on Ground Only. Bucked a little into shorter logs.

Funny, on this job, we could have slammed it out in half a day, but drug it out a little and took a good lunch break, as we got over a full day rate for regular work (not particularly risky).

Other times, like yesterday, after a windstorm, a guy wants a 25-30 foot tall by equally wide sweetgum, overhanging the neighbor's fence, completely gone, including the stump, probably soil and seed too if he could have his way, and thought $500 was bunch of money, and I was figuring $500 no stump.

Firewood you say?

DSC03444.JPG DSC03445.JPG DSC03447.JPG DSC03448.JPG

Also been working on this one since last winter (put on hold due to permit issues). New drain field. Removed all the trees, stripped, leveled, ready for pipe.

DSC03449.JPG DSC03451.JPG

Got a set of removals this weekend. I'll take some pictures.

Cheers 8)

I've been fiddling with the Jeep since I got it home,new fan belt today .Evidently between the old tried and true water blast method to decarbon valves and Seafoam one of them did the trick .The old gal is hitting on all 4 all the time .

Shoved a little brush up into the burn pile spinning all 4 tires .Lawdy that thing is geared so low it could climb a tree if it got traction .

Love the old ones Al... They just about climb everything... Not real fast.... But they get the job done. I really need to order a new engine for mine or tear it down myself. It's more of a time concern. Just dang busy between kids and work for the next 20...

I have been eying up this 77' cj5 glass tub, 350 4bolt main with a mild Holley 450, T-18 tranny, dana 300 t-case, one piece AMC 20 rear axle, dana 44 up front, full cage, 4" lift (2" suspension 2" body) and a horrible zebra paint job for 2g's, but the wife says when baby girl is 18.

Felled two dead pondos from the ground. Was supposed to climb and piece down, as I was subbing for a buddy... Nah, two fence posts out, boom. Climbed and bombed a little 70' whip, then kept pushing and slayed a 120', 32" dbh pondo up against a fence. Cut and tossed some huge limbs, shoulders hurting now. Got to launch some huge stem wood out, the thing was fat all the way to the top, good fun, nice divots!

I have been eying up this 77' cj5 glass tub, 350 4bolt main with a mild Holley 450, T-18 tranny, dana 300 t-case, one piece AMC 20 rear axle, dana 44 up front, full cage, 4" lift (2" suspension 2" body) and a horrible zebra paint job for 2g's, but the wife says when baby girl is 18.
Those little hot rods can flip right over backwards with that much power .

It used to a grand plan to stick 283 Chevys or 289 Fords in them .If they kept the original 5.89 rear axle ratio they wouldn't run much faster .If they changed them out to more modern 3.27 ratio they would twist off the axles .

Depends on what you want I guess .This one was the very last Jeep my departed dad built up,made from parts of several .Likely early 60's CJ5 with the original 134 cubic inch 4 banger at 75 HP .Even with that little stock engine in low range 4 wheel drive it will spin all 4 wheels in second gear half throttle .

Attachments

• Jeep cj5 005.jpg
    Jeep cj5 005.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 41
I just looked at the new Baileys ... sure'nuf there it is. Congratulations, you two!!! :)

Back