How'd it go today?

I suspect that the steep ground had something to do with the high bids. One boot would need a special insert. LA is pretty flat in most places, not counting the strip clubs.

Today is over.... I move on with tomorrow.
I had a last minute meeting to go to on a legal matter 1/2 way through the day. I also had a wrong part come in for my Echo pole saw that needed on the job today.
I arrive at job site and inevitably fired a client that has been skating the edge with her demeanour and micro management techniques. I was done. There was no pleasing the woman, no steering her into the task at hand. If a client becomes unmanageable, then I can not do my job. I manage people and job sites. If my job can not be done, I must move on.
Took Rob to a new job site to line him out for the next few days a week there.
Got a call from a family member that watches the kids... She's fired now as well. She was trying to start drama between her and Kat.. Oh hell no.
Finished my legal matters on a good note...
Checked in on a Judge client I heard was down on the weather and we go work at his house for the next two days ;)
Fed Levi and I lunch and went and sold several trees to prune and TD.
Came home, made dinner, bathed and put to bed the kids... Sat outside and watched the lightening show for a while.
Good day over all....
Never let what appears to be a tough day get you down.. If you just keep your chin up, something good will usually surface from it.
Today just got some things finalised that just needed to be...

^^Good day by the end then eh?

I arrived back in Tasmania yesterday, got to go see a job tomorrow, 2hr drive out check it out, apparently some BIG pines and eucs with dead branches...$80 for the round trip, it will top up the fuel tank and buy us lunch.
Back to the land of big trees...will actually have to start a chainsaw after three months of almost nothing but handsaw work!

Today took the day off for a change .Besides working 70-80 hours a week I'm trying to move tons of stuff from my dads garage and barn .It's getting there ,slowly.

Just as one example of all that chit .The old boy had about 20-25 NOS cartridge type oil filters which obviously must have fit an old Jeep CJ 2a he once owned .They don't fit the Jeep CJ3b I now own .They do however fit the Ferguson tractors and the 1950 Buick I do own .I would well imagine the old man probabley bought the whole mess at an auction for a couple of dollars 30 years ago .

Pine job not so big after all. Healthy mid age tree about 80' near the house so they were a bit concerned...will clear lower branches from some ornamentals, take out a few vertical interior branches, deadwood and done. Nice older couple, may trade for plumbing work (he's a retired plumber)

Nothing like a pine trim! I had it pretty easy with a bucket TD of a split Tulip. I love it when I can leave my spurs in the toolbox!

That's for sure.

Posted this picture once before, had to take out the one behind the one on the right on wednesday. Can't see it but about the same.

Wind had it going over the units next door, got it done ok and everything else survived. Blowing like mad though, I don't usually work in that.

PA130012.JPG

It's been a hard week. Cleaned a spikey Canary Island palm today and could hear a guy talking about 100yds away washing his truck and thought "I can hear you"

Bet he heard me when I finally got stuck, bloody things will get you no matter what.

:drink::sleepy1:

So this morning I noticed the carpet was wet around the toilet which I assumed the wax seal must have went bad .Would you believe the freakin tank had a crack in it .I've never seen that before .Not a big deal I guess just go buy another one as if I already don't have enough to do .

How true it gave me a chitty outlook on things all day .I could say I was pizzed off but I guess that's better than being pizzed on .

Did mistletoe removal about 8 multi leader live oaks over the last couple days.

A family member passed on this week, so we have family coming from out of town for the funeral tomorrow.
Solved all my pressure pump and tank issues over the last several nights doing plumbing and electrical in the new pump shed. Save for a leak :X
Soooooooo tomorrow before the funeral I get to cut out 1/2 the plumbing again and redo.
I think the local hardware store got some fitting from China or something. Grrrrrrrrr!
Draining the kids pool to load it back up. The hot weather we were having just got ahead of chemicals. I need a better filter on it. Oh well..
Two days off save for family affairs and more chit to do.

Meanwhile ... This sumbiatch won't stop burning and is now taking some of the Sequoias with it :cry:
The Rim Fire... :(
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/c_eGiGG1B-Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• PIO_Dsize_land_20130822_2330_Rim_CA_STF_2857_150dpi.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
Damn straight!

The road to Hetch Hetchy :(
Road to Hetchy.jpg

Time Lapse of the plume last couple days..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pzNl6Q292B8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Craned out a failed locust. Main lead cracked all the way down the trunk, no way to preserve. Went smooth, took huge picks and was surprised at how light they were, lots of drought here this year... Home and safe in 5.5hrs, with one buddy on the ground and his chipper. Homeowner took pics, will post when they get sent over.

Sounds like a successful day :)

Here is some fire footage for those that have never seen one like this and maybe some that have ......

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2UqHGPzyFV4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My family and I are presently getting ready for bed in our camper in a KOA campground near Mt. Rushmore, South Dakota. We're on a 3 week vacation here in the Dakotas and loving every minute of it.
We spent today at Deadwood taking in one if not the largest classic car show in the world, 1973 and older autos. The event is called Kool Deadwood Nites 2013 and we only saw a fraction of what there is to see.
Internet is snail slow here up in the majestic Black Hills and hope I can post some pics here. BTW the mountain pine beetle is doing major destruction on the Ponderosa pine up here.

Attachments

• 20130823_085957.jpg
    20130823_085957.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 55
  • 20130823_144449.jpg
    20130823_144449.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 55
Back