How'd it go today?

If I wasn't so busy being retired, I'd be willing to accept the position of Lord of the Universe, and carry such worthy programs forward. Unfortunately my hammock, zero gravity lounge chair, and subscription to the Single Malt of the Month Club preclude participation in such minor activities.

:lol:
Well great one of the hammock and single malt, when you do get around to making it of written law in the universe, I would like a clause also put in law an exclusion of government agencies from copyright and ownership of photos..... :D

Ahhh, Stephen...those offenses by gov't entities shall require an extremely unpleasant penalty. I'm thinking...loss of ice cream privaleges for life. What say you to that :D?

Younger members undoubtedly are most confused at this point....as is common for the young, I recall :lol:.

Are you keeping up the aerobics, B?

Sorry, Butch...missed your post. Since our aerobics instructor retired and moved down to the central Oregon coast, we (M and I) have made do with buying a set of free weights and keeping up a regular walking/hiking regimen. We lift 3 days a week, and hit the local trails 5 or 6 days per week, about 3-4 miles a day.

I just finished my spring/early summer stint of clearing vegetation out of creeks.
Since Richard was busy trimming hedges and Martin is off wasting time at school, I rented a polish migrant worker from another outfit that run polacks.
I must say I failed miserably at being a capitalist.
The guy has been working his ass off with me for 3 weeks for minimum wages. He has really been sweating. I get paid by the meter cleared, so his hard work has made money for me.
Didn't seem okay to me, so when we parted yesterday, I slipped him a bonus of $500 which I figure equals 2 weeks pay in Poland.
Made me feel better about it.
Now I have a huge maple in the castle park that has to come down, That'll be a welcome change after the creeks.

Nice going, Stig. I'm all for sharing some of the profits too, whenever possible. Getting kind of sick of hearing some people that will hire me, saying how the budget that their customer has for their job is so low. The ones that say that every job! Fortunately, I know some better souls as well, more in that category are friends..

We worked like monsters today. I had four experienced guys including myself, all under the age of 30 on the job, and a bucket truck. Made 5 loads of chips. Headed to do 6 estimates now, and then pass out.

Another day of last cut as the boomers are rolling in. Happy to have buttoned up three small jobs just me and the wife.
Hope tomorrow is calm and no storms. Big laurel to do I had hoped he power co would contend with but as they say for them its more cost effective to fix after failure, client wishes for that not to happen as his garage will be among the targets.

Air conditioner and cabling supplies landed at the door today :D
Amazing how easy a 100# AC unit can be installed in a window 4' up with Dingo :D
Not to mention how easy it is to lay down 40 gallon of Glyphosphate.

Back