How'd it go today?

Glad to hear you're ok Stig an your dog will be ok. Can't say that I don't have a soft spot for my dog either! Here's to you two for a speedy recovery!

Hope you both heal up well Stig. Gawd man... that was scarey reading your post. Bet your leg was saved by all that warm weather mud. I know when I dropped that log on my ankle it sure was lucky to be muddy as all get out.
Chill, be careful and take care of both of you.

Today I got extremely pissed at the dumbassed crane operator who caused me to lose 15 feet off my BRAND NEW 120 foot climbing rope. Frigging moron - I usually only have to worry about them killing me - not messing with my gear.

Picking me up at ground level, he/I allowed my rope to slide against an outrigger which had a jagged edge (which shouldn't have been there - POS crane.) He should have seen my climbline tightening and me yelling... He was just looking up.

Was he on two speed on the winch? I hate that shit. I got to do two big water oaks over high voltage with the crane today. Always a blast . We even knocked off at 2 because my nerves were shot

Why does that suck? No rental problems, and I climb and dad operates, so we are always available. It was expensive at first, and the insurance is high, but we can blow through work when we need to. Plus there is only one crane around here besides us and another co that both have 23 ton rigs. The one rental co basically changes his price as he chooses because nobody else will do tree work

Bummer Butch, but better your rope that you can simply order a brand new one of than some part of your body.

Back