How'd it go today?

Life comes, life goes.

Being not overly confident in an afterlife, all I can hope for is to be ready and comfortable with it when it's my time, and to have few regrets. Live life as though this is the one shot at existence, and have a positive effect on the world.

No more pain for Mike. His mental and emotional pain were terminal, sad to say. Anybody who really knew himknew have wouldn't live to a ripe old age. He did Live during his 30 some years more than some would in multiple lifetimes. "Mike the Angel" made it through so many things, barely scathed, if at all, until the end. O ur good rule of thumb was, "If Mike the Angel says don't do it, Don't Do It".

Here's one for you Sean.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354748887.288383.jpg

I have never experienced anything close to that cold. I'd like to check it out for a few minutes just to say I have been there, but working, no thanks. I guess certain people can handle it, like the Inuit tribes. They must have some fast circulatory system or something.

I could never come close to climbing in that, and logging neither come to think of it. I wouldn't work outside below 0, and below 10 is not common for me, imma wimp like that. But recreating in those temps is fun

So true about dry cold, I would venture it feels at least 10* warmer than it reads

Made a pot of chili. Helped home school the boys. Finished fixing that 066 and got it dialed in. Still going to put another air filter set up (OEM) as I do not like the greeny weeny thingy. You should have see the crap I cleaned out of the carb housing.. BLEAGH! :P:|: I forgot how much compression that thing had. I have not taken any readings, don't really need to, it'll about dislocate somthing if you aren't careful. :lol:
Got an ol Echo 280 E running but it still needs a little dialing in.. Anybody got the tune specs? I am betting about 10K on the high end. Guy that gave it to me wass running it too rich.
Pulled a JD 50V (Echo 452 VL) down and got all the fuel system apart to replace. She's a runner though. Just don't happen to have the size of fuel line I need in the shop at the moment. I'll just pick that up tomorrow along with a filter. So now it will be time to switch some bars around again... 36" on the modded 066, 32" on the stock 066, 28" for the 046, 25 for the 044s (still need to rebuild 2 which will make 3 in the stable). Rob might put a bow bar on one... See how it goes.. I am really starting to like my rainy day projects :)

Had a cold South wind today, even with the temp in upper 30's. These bring up moisture from south. The NW wind gets pretty well rung out by the time it crosses all the mountains to the west. Working at 10 to 15 below is not uncommon. That is when standing in front of the exhaust of the big chipper feels good. A quick warm up. I hate going back to IL in the winter. Don't own enough clothes any more!!! I still don't really look forward to working then, but age might have something to do with it also. Currently removing another round of flood killed trees at golf course. The frozen ground is a big plus out there.

Yes that sucks.

Every time I tell myself I won't need the chipper on tiny trim jobs, I'm always kicking myself in the ass for not taking it. So now she comes with me, truck gets shitty mileage whether the chippers on the back or not, so who cares.

Back in the eighties, I worked with a guy who had only a flatbed dump truck and a winch truck. We hand loaded everything and didn't think twice about it.

One of the reasons I like our little chipper and will probably keep it evn if we get one bigger. Those piles right there. Poof.. All gone. I think it weighs a whole 800 pounds dry, can't hardly feel it behind you.

I put this up in a different post, but with a little refinement, this could be very useful. His helpers' only complaint was the height of the infeed. Too many branches to the face. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354843308.756979.jpg

is that a homemade rig? i really like Holman's trailer rig, but that one looks pretty darn handy. put the mini/stumper on the back and away you go!

Here's one for you Sean.

View attachment 44919

haha, Bud.

More than once I told Mike to get a ghost writer and some strong beer, and to just tell stories. More than once he would ask me, "Did I tell you about XXXXXX?". I would say "no", though I had heard it, and get ready for a good retelling, whether it was about some crazy teenage antics jumping the family suburban at high speed over a jump with 12 people in it (not a good day to be a suburban), or his running from the police after this or that escapade, or whatever.

I've kind of been on a roll here lately .It was two weeks ago this Sunday I landed a mobilty scooter for my wife at about 10 percent of what it cost new .Then this past Sunday I found a carrier for the thing also on the cheap plus it's the best model made for 200 and it sells for over 2 grand new .

Now today I'm going to look at a bolt on hitch but unfortunately I don't think it will fit so I might be forced to buy a new one as painfull as that might be .

I've got about 6-7 Reese hitchs at my shop but the older I get the less I want to cobble and weld to adapt the damned things just to save 150 bucks .

Today it was snowing all day, but I managed to work perfectly ... In the evening I visited the festival "Legends of Retro", where were Boney M (Liz Mitchell), Secret Service, Corona, Rednex, and my favorite - C.C.Katch. I danced perfectly ...      Take care of yourselves ... Andrew

Back