How'd it go today?

This is just one of my little projects I did today or rather finished today . Short coat rack made of white oak for Toms' lady . The last several pics showing the finish because I down sized them really doesn't do the wood justice .The finish is like shiny glass .

Attachments

• coatrack 001.jpg
    coatrack 001.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 9
  • coatrack 003.jpg
    coatrack 003.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 7
  • coatrack 004.jpg
    coatrack 004.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 7
  • coatrack 006.jpg
    coatrack 006.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 9
It's like mining for gold .You can take a piece of wood that looks unfit for lumber ,cut it to size and plane it and it turns from an ugly ducking into a swan right before your eyes .

Got that 066 apart yesterday and tinkered with it. I felt pretty silly finding the plug loose when I thought I had lost the rings. Oh well. Slapped a new dual port muffler on her and got ready to clean her up some and fix the carb. It was pretty gunked up inside. I got on the phone first thing this morning to check on the part at the local place or have them order it. Now of course, being an older 066, their IPL did not show that carb, nor did they take the initutive to check the Walbro listing to see what they needed. I was having computer issues and was waiting on their call for a bit. When they called, the owner told me he had a K10 kit that his computer told him it should be. I told him I would call him back, because he was pretty sure I was not right on my number off the carb :roll: I get on my computer and hit the Walbro site and one other, find the carb (listed for the 066 BTW and husky 394(?)) and get teh number off an IPL for that carb for the K15 kit. Call him back, he has one, picked it up today for my next rainy day to play with. Gawd I should know better than to just call them with out just getting the P/N off the IPL myself. :roll:
Oh well.. tad late for work, but hey, it'll will all get done.
Tired as all hell from working 5 hours on almost a 2-1 slope thinning and burning over a pretty little creek. Think I am going to bed earlier tonight.

Thats often the case with Rob and I... Sometimes I just hollar... "Just tie the dang line off and get a shot... This is some good stuff", or "get a shot of this pick". :lol:

I've actually bribed/paid people just to work with little result.

Second trip to a job where I cleared the blocks a few months ago, owner rang on friday night and said everything was finished and cleaned up.

Three small trees at the back of one new house and one fairly big Liquid amber overhanging the other that should have gone before they started building.

Both drivways blocked, builders in both houses again.:slam2:

He's a good payer but I think he can shove this one.

Staying at a restored Victorian hotel while working at an old Sound- side fort. Professional mess making in the interest of preserving gun embankment from roots of trees growing up naturally over the years. Have to take a few small trees off of a 1923 garage. Two nights on the road.

Just got back Sunday from spreading my best friend's ashes at point Reyes, where the great white sharms swim. Wasn't possible to go out to the gulf of the Farrollons where the great whites breed . Mike always wanted to y take a boat out and chum up the waters. He wouldn't have minded going out in the process.

Looking forward to some time with the girls at home

Sorry as well Sean. Must have been one wild dude. I have been Shark fishing on many boats and surrounded at times. As fascinating as they are it can get a little hairy.

Life comes, life goes.

Being not overly confident in an afterlife, all I can hope for is to be ready and comfortable with it when it's my time, and to have few regrets. Live life as though this is the one shot at existence, and have a positive effect on the world.

No more pain for Mike. His mental and emotional pain were terminal, sad to say. Anybody who really knew himknew have wouldn't live to a ripe old age. He did Live during his 30 some years more than some would in multiple lifetimes. "Mike the Angel" made it through so many things, barely scathed, if at all, until the end. O ur good rule of thumb was, "If Mike the Angel says don't do it, Don't Do It".

Back