How'd it go today?

Got a message from the shop in town yesterday afternoon that they have a broke 460 for me. I think it just needs a top end and carb kit or carb... Think I just got it for free :D See tomorrow.
Black oak prune went well and I hope Rob's before and after pics came out when he sends them to me.

With luck it it isn't serious, but I wonder the benefits in hoping that the circlip busted off? That can easily destroy both a piston and cylinder, if a piece of clip gets shot up through a transfer and dragged up the cylinder wall, especially breaking a ring in the process. One day maybe I'll get around to rebuilding my 359. :|:

Well I got that job done, wasn't feeling like it this morning but got going eventually. Ran out of fuel with one cut to go on the first tree, just a trim on that one.

Got it done and went to start the chipper again and the battery died so I had to go home and take my car battery back. I carry jump leads but it took me a while to back in so easier to go home. Second one went well, full load and I am buggered.

Stressful morning. Last week they fibbed my paper work for my CDL A. Went back this morning, pacing back and forth all morning. Passed thankfully. I'm legit! Hook me up to that log trailer!

Headed out in a bit to pick up my firewood conveyor at the shop. Been sitting there since last winter paid for, mine as well start tinkering with it.

With luck it it isn't serious, but I wonder the benefits in hoping that the circlip busted off? That can easily destroy both a piston and cylinder, if a piece of clip gets shot up through a transfer and dragged up the cylinder wall, especially breaking a ring in the process. One day maybe I'll get around to rebuilding my 359. :|:

Cause if the connecting rod broke, chances are it screwed the crank, which means effectively the saw is dead.

I've had to take down trees so the hookers and homeless couldn't hide out there.
I did the same kind of job yesterday Butch, I had to buy a $40 3 tang pitch fork to shovel all the dirty blankets, clothes and other junk into my trailer. Took all the lilac and willow bushes out and had a few of the poor souls cursing at me.

Today I finished up a dream job and picked up a few others. Our government owned hydro utility company hired me to clear 2 spans [50 ft X 500ft] of extra small trees between 3 new poles leading to a new mine 1 1/2 hr drive north of here.

The construction supervisor had me look at the job ,all he wanted was the small trees just felled. He said "no hourly rate just give me a price".
The wind was blowing hard with a little rain. I thought to myself 5 hrs tops, so I said "$1500 plus 5% GST."
He immediately had this surprised with a happy look in his eyes, he say's "let's sign the paperwork". I'm thinking to myself "sh!t I should have went higher" .
Then he told me he has 2 more much larger jobs just the same for me in the next door mining town tomorrow, he took off telling me to meet him 8 am tomorrow to start the other jobs.

I started a 50 ft long face at the end of the patch of trees and with a heavy wind and rain behind me I had them all down in 3 hrs.
The new Husky 562XP was awesome and a bugger to go. :D

Cool deal, Willard. :)

With school starting back up, the phone has gone quiet and none of my usual guys have much going on. This morning I was picking up a check from my big landscaper client and mentioned that work was slowing down and he asked me to look at a palm tree trimming job for him. 600 palm trees on three adjacent apartment complexes. He wants me to handle everything, not just putting the stuff on the ground. I spent about 90 minutes walking the properties this afternoon and put together a game plan involving bringing in Brett with his Spyderlift and some locals for my ground crew. It's a 5 day job with all 6 of us and everybody is on board, all I have to do is get my price approved and schedule a start date.

I love how something always comes through just when you need it. :)

I love how something always comes through just when you need it. :)

Isn't that amazing?? Whether it's a job, or a place to dump a load of chips, or sometimes even when you DON'T wanna work, it starts unexpectedly pouring:);)

5 straight days of work at almost 3x my normal daily rate will work. Thankfully I have the resources to pull together a good crew that I won't have to babysit. I'll probably end up shelling out for lunch every day though. :)

That is awesome Brian... Knew something would crack for ya...

Day started kid of off today and got better. Picked up a couple of checks and fixed the Wraptor. Made the hole a little bigger on the tank so I can get the fuel return line grommet local. It now sports a common Husky grommet :D I picked up my free box saw from the dealer today as well. Cooked jug. Was not a 460 but an 044 :D 10mm wrist pin though.. No biggie. Hell, it came with a 3/4 wrap handle and a 32 bar with chain. Guy ran it lean twice. Saw has serious low hours. Original bar still has most it's paint on it :D I'll probably mod this will a little and have some fun with it ;)
Have a bunch of paperworm to do tonight after I get kids in bed. Lined up some more work. Turned into a good day after all.

Back