How'd it go today?

Sooo, following up on the disgruntled customer and the misunderstanding regarding a few saplings...

I did send the check back, just couldn't keep it. Today's mail brought an envelope from her.

Letter saying how she does not want to stiff me for the work that was done, and how she appreciates the gesture in sending it back. "Even thought it was a bad misunderstanding (again, these were saplings we are talking about :lol:)" she'd feel better if we split the difference, and sent a check for half. "We'll keep you on the list".

:|:

So far today in between fiddling on the internet I managed to make and install an oak threshold on one of the outside doors .My oak,cut it ,sawed it ,planed it and it never left the property except to air dry at my shop .Came full circle so to speak .

White oak 14 growth rings to the inch .It will last forever .

Butch, is that a Monterey pine (radiata) in your avatar? We had a lot if them here in California til drought/stress and beetles wiped many of them out. Adam

Damned if I didn't get on a roll today and make a box to hid the door bells ( plural ) out of ash .Filled the freakin garage full of planer chips in the process .8 foot of ash and a wheel barrow full of chips .5 bells beer thirty .

My oak,cut it ,sawed it ,planed it and it never left the property except to air dry at my shop .Came full circle so to speak .

White oak 14 growth rings to the inch .It will last forever .

That is definitely cool, Al.

Sounds like a good resolution, Brendo.

Lol, something highly similar happened to me years ago, though we did have a written contract of the trees to be cut. But after they were cut, custy said some of them were wrong trees, despite the fact they were listed in the contract. Bottom line, it was decided we would go halves on planting replacement trees. A landscaper screwed me on the purchase of the trees but a buddy helped me out with the planting, and the custy never called me again.:lol:

Rained out here today. I did get that" check that was in the mail" today. One yr and six days after the job was done. Too bad she stiffed me for $75. She knows I won't go after her. Bitch! I did get most of the stumper back together though.

I bet if she mowed her grass shed find a better car to drive. I'm not helping her out any. I had a General Contractor stiff me for $5000 once back when I had the framing crew. He had a long stone driveway. After he stiffed me he had a long stone and alum. Roofing nail driveway. I know the tire guy he uses and to date, going on eight yrs, he has spent well over that in tire repair and replacement.
I hate to be "that guy", but I do not accept getting screwed.

P1020287.JPG P1020291.JPG

I finally got tired of repairing potholes in my driveway yearly.
It had been worn into a rut in the terrain, so rainwater would puddle in it, creating potholes.

So I had a contractor truck in 120 cubic meters of crushed asphalt to bring it up to level.

After running the vibrating road roller over it it really came out fine.

I almost feel like I should paint a stripe down the middle:lol:

This week, hm kinda blows.

Monday-vacation day, fine

Tuesday-New body ordered for my truck 4 weeks ago comes in, go to pick it up, wrong size. Five inches too big, doesn't sound like a lot, but when you jack knife the truck with the chipper on the back it would send a corner through the engine on the chipper. Another 2-3 week wait, dumb asses

Wed- help never got the message to come in, salvaged the day with a random call from Harlan to help on a big one, not bad, got soaked

Thurs- CDL A test this morning, the office reviewed my paper work three times, "fine" waiting outside for DMV test guy. He discovers an error in paper work, reschedule

What about tomorrow? :|:

Stone driveways are just a constant maintainance thing .Asphault might be more less maintainance but give it time because it will get lumpy too .On mine which is around 550 feet it takes several hundred tons to top dress it with a couple inchs of number 411 crushed lime stone .The last time was around 1200 bucks but stone prices like every thing else has gone up .

Back