How'd it go today?

Hate being called dishonest too man, I can take a lot of shit thrown at me but thats one that can get under my skin.

Easy day today, spreading mulch and some other maintenance stuff. Little climbing at the end of the day, but nothing to get excited over. Set up my new computer set up today, as I got the new tower in. Tomorrow is supposed to be a big beautiful pin oak prune, so that should be fun.

we tend to be well respected, i think part of it is that we are all white and speak english:roll:. tho i do cut a fine and professional image if i may say so myself :D. speaking of professional... we did a job today, 3 small removals and an elm tree to prune. i set one of my guys on the removals and started working on the elm. at some point i looked at the chipper to see an ash limb laying there, there were no ash trees to be removed. i descended post haste and stopped them before they were able to do more than a bit of free skirt raising, i then pointed out the difference between an ash and an acacia. my fault for not walking them back there and specifically pointing out the ONLY acacia on the property. the elm turned out real nice.

But you're a tree rat and the vast majority of us are no good, lying thieves. If you don't believe me then just ask anybody at the hardware store what they think about tree guys. :lol:

I love my job but I sure get the 'underdog' feeling a lot of the time. Always feeling like I need to prove that I'm just as good as the normal people.

I get those vibes from people too. But I'm damned proud of what I do. I hold my head high around the hobb knobs of society. I actually look down on many of them. Lawyers especially. They go hand in hand with child molestors in my mind.

Heh image is part of it. I'm pro all the way, clean, top gear, top shelf work.

Being bizarre while interacting with clients is totally non-pro. I make sure to stay on topic as much as possible. I'm friendly but I'm not looking for friends, I'm looking to sell work, do it, and collect the cheque!

You and me would get along real well Justin.

No bs just get the work done, make brief idol conversation and I'm ready go.

Sometimes the people in certain trades don't get the respect that they deserve, dirty and dangerous work and they might sweat on top of it. When the shat hits the fan, however, we all know who the people run to. Funny how that works.

One of my tasks today was taking a few limbs off of a little leaf linden. Since being in that tree, I've been getting bit all over me by what I believe to me mites or sumthin. I can't really see them, but its brutal.

You can't see them, and you can't hear them flying about? if it is like what we have here, often in tall grass. Itch city after, hate the bastids.

I lived in the woods where my Dad was logging in California park in the Summer and Clark in the Winter for 2 years when I was a boy. I have always wanted to go back. Those were the best times of my childhood. Mom home schooled me, so I only had a few hours of school, then it was out in the woods for the rest of the day. I fished every day in California park...awesome beaver ponds up there. There was an old Swede Timber Faller from Craig that was working for my Uncle and Dad. He was 76 years old! He had a scar across his face from a chainsaw...dude was awesome, especially for a 9 year old aspiring Timber Faller :)

I lived in the woods where my Dad was logging in California park in the Summer and Clark in the Winter for 2 years when I was a boy. I have always wanted to go back. Those were the best times of my childhood. Mom home schooled me, so I only had a few hours of school, then it was out in the woods for the rest of the day. I fished every day in California park...awesome beaver ponds up there. There was an old Swede Timber Faller from Craig that was working for my Uncle and Dad. He was 76 years old! He had a scar across his face from a chainsaw...dude was awesome, especially for a 9 year old aspiring Timber Faller :)

Great story Cody. I worked out in California Park for the FS my first summer here in Steamboat. Did trail crew. It was tough sometimes and boring work, but it took me to a bunch of places I would have probably never visited. Got to do carpentry on an old FS cabin out in California park too.

I was thinking i might run into that old timber faller in Craig but I think he has probably passed on at this point.

Don't need any antacid yet!

I keep whining at Tom for not locking his stuff up better then I looked at my own stuff .Geeze I have a couple thousand bucks worth of saws and goodies in the shed with just a garage door lock .Now how stupid is that .

So I trots on over to Lowes and bought the toughest Master lock made and hung a couple forged steel eye bolts and locked it up .http://www.masterlock.com/cms/magnum/magnum-extreme

22 bucks ,big deal if it protects that much money worth of stuff .Nothing is fool proof but if the bastards want it they're going to work to get at it .Then hope Mrs Smith doesn't beat them about the head and shoulders with her broom .;)

theif-with-big-red-bolt-cutter-tool-thumb14252428.jpg

It would take a pair of compound action Porter Cables with 6 foot handles and two guys then you'd break the jaws before you ever got through the carbide alloy shackle or the forged eye bolts .Then again a portable cutting torch would get the 5/8" eye bolts .

By then Mrs Smith would have them beat to a pulp .:O She's liable to really get PO'd and swing the Lousiville slugger that resides behind the bedroom door .Not good .

Geeze it's been dry as popcorn fart .I fixed the shed lock ,painted two screen doors I'm going to hang .Cut the sidewall out of a 38" tractor tire for a sandbox for my youngest grandson who is also my oldest and retipped a Windser saw bar .Then out of the blue it rains like two cows pissing on the same flat rock .Then as fast as it came it went towards Indiana .

Enough of that chit, off to Red Lobster .:D

Just about have the basement done this weekend. Second coat of paint is going up as I type, one spot left to dry wall, and just the carpet to lay down on the stairs. Should be able to start moving down there by the end of the day though, I'll try and get some pics up of the finished side soon.

Worked in the city today. Did a removal along the street. Brushed out the tree. Pulled the remaining 20 foot bole over onto a pile of firewood rounds to prevent busting the sidewalk. Bole hit the pile and shot a piece of firewood through the air like a football. Shot across the street, bounced off the second story of a brick low income housing building, and hit a nice modern Chrysler car. In that car was a gang banger who had been sitting in the car, which was backed in between 2 buildings for an hour. He jumped out, told me everything was fine, and sped away, FAST.
The car had Montana plates on it. Ive got a 10 dollar bill that says he was in a stolen car. Saved me a pile of money though.

Back