How'd it go today?

I don't hate horses: I just don't trust them.

I was referring more to the barbequing and smart as an atv comments.

There is something to being in control of and in unison with a 1000pd+ animal that will carry you distances that is hard to convey in words. I've owned quads, dirtbikes, all those types of things. There is no comparison imo.

I get razzed all the time about my horses, but once you're bit by the bug there's no escape.

I'll also let all the horse hater comments slide as I can understand how some are scared of what they don't understand.:P

Well yeah, Justin ... you caught me. True, I confess some trepidation about horses. I didn't grow up around them so I never learned what to expect. But, I definitely do not hate them - in fact, I kinda admire them - certainly respect them - wished I knew more. I did grow up with motorcycles & ATV's and know what to expect.
Just poking fun at what I don't understand. :|: - No offense intended ... :D

There is something to being in control of and in unison with a 1000pd+ animal that will carry you distances that is hard to convey in words. I've owned quads, dirtbikes, all those types of things. There is no comparison imo.

I'm not a horse guy but I can appreciate what you are saying.

Glad you are fine Chris! That could have been a lot worse!
Most electricians I know prefer the higher voltage work, being it will "throw" you off it. Where lower voltage can suck you in and hold you on it. Just a little FYI.
If I wasn't in a bad enough state, mama decided to "thank" me for cleaning up the yard last night! No walking for me today!

$10.00 and $30.00 charge showed up on my credit card from the Apple Itunes Store. I don't own an Apple product.

They reversed the charges. I had to close the credit card account and get a new number.

Odd thing is, they don't even try to find out who done it.

Same here! My wife had two charges for $43 each from iTunes and dont have anything Apple.
She paid with her card at Applebees for lunch last week and she said they had her card and that is the only place she used it was away from her.

Most electricians I know prefer the higher voltage work, being it will "throw" you off it. Where lower voltage can suck you in and hold you on it. Just a little FYI.
If I wasn't in a bad enough state, mama decided to "thank" me for cleaning up the yard last night! No walking for me today!

Ain't it supposed to be the other way around? Lol. How's the back?

What the hell did she thank you with? A baseball bat?!

Chris, I'm also glad you are ok.

Squish, tell your wife to quit riding naked. Put some clothes on. (bareback) :lol:

Left home Sat morning on the bike. Arrived in St. Louis this afternoon. Wife has a "work thing" until Wed afternoon. I'm on vacation until them. :)

I dig horses, the pace when you are walking along when riding one seems perfectly matched to the human spirit.. I mean you are getting somewhere punctually, and still able to enjoy seeing lizards and what not scampering out of your path. It is quite pleasurable without requiring a lot of exertion, something a bit beyond words about it, and a tie in to a long history. The association with the living being beneath your legs (not quotable fellas), adds a definite element of interest to transportation. The only thing is that when one gives you a nasty kick, and I mean no respect to Squish, it has suddenly become an evil entity completely devoid of any worthiness. BBQ or pet food seems a fitting purpose at such times. The nature of the beast....

Not much ,my week end to work,12 hour days as usual .Tom came out to get my pressure washer,and his 441 Stihl .

He bought a Ford F350 to pull his stump grinder around and it appears the danged alternater isn't working .1997 with a 460 .Plenty of power in that one .

It'll suck fuel alright but not as much as the chip truck or bucket and it can be manuvered with a pick up which is nigh impossible with a big truck .

Glad you made it through that one Chris!

Spent my weekend working on the basement again. One small spot left to drywall, and 1/2 is primed ready for its first coat of finish paint. If it rains the next two days like they say its supposed too we'll have this thing done in no time. Already picked out the needed furniture this weekend, just gotta wait for the couch and a desk chair to get in.

Heres a few more for ya Chris, from last week

Attachments

• 2012-06-01 08.55.17.jpg
    2012-06-01 08.55.17.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 18
  • 2012-06-01 12.01.20.jpg
    2012-06-01 12.01.20.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 2012-06-01 12.12.19.jpg
    2012-06-01 12.12.19.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 2012060195091152.jpg