How'd it go today?

I almost got out the door to go to work.. Right as I was unloading some chips to head out, a broken truck rolled in... Oh well... Changed hats and started mechanic work. Went to the bank and got the deposit to give back to the tenants, played some more mechanic on a ride on lawn mower. Run up the street and look at a property for an estimate and came home and started dinner. More mechanic tomorrow when parts arrive and on with the day.

It's rained for 3 days practically solid, had 4 teeth pulled at the dentist (due to poor previous work & my neglect due to a phobia) & all I can say is I'm glad things are getting better. No toothache!!!!!!

It's been raining here damn near constantly all week. I was supposed to grind some stumps today but I'm pushing it off until tomorrow when it's supposed to atleast be not raining. Grinding stumps in the rain sucks.

I love grinding in the rain. No dust and it's work you can do in the rain, at least with a self propelled.

Obviously you don't have to clean-up said grindings I'm guessing? Because ime cleaning up while grinding in the rain sucks, the grindings stick like glue to everything and anything they may have a chance to come into contact with.

Also at this point in the saturation formula access has become a issue for me. I'd be greasing out and tearing stuff up on atleast a couple of the stumps I had in the line-up for today.

Soooo. The stupidest things happen sometimes. Last night me and the kid were jumping on the trampoline like maniacs and my wife was riding around on her horse bareback, he's our most bomb-proof horse and she rides him bareback around the property quite often. So she rides on over to the tramp and he's completely unphased by the mayhem as usual, just chilling. Then they come up and the ole Golden Nugget sticks his head in to give me and the kid a big sniff. Zaappp! He gets shocked, twirls on a dime and unseats my wife. It wasn't a graceful fall, pretty stiffed up my wife is today. She's off at acupuncture as we speak. Bruised and battered but she'll survive.

Horsebackriding hasn't been kind to us the last couple of weeks, I'm still sporting bruising from my bronc show last weekend.

The only advantage they have over an ATV is they barbeque better.

And this should come from a vegetarian:lol:

The only advantage they have over an ATV is they barbeque better....

attachment.php

Got " honey doed" today, the wife wanted the backyard cleaned up. I have a trailer load of brush after four hours back there! Maybe she had a point?
Neighbors wanted some wood for their fire pits, I made them a good deal on what I had left back there, $60 and they had to split it! They got half of it today, it's a bit short of two face, they seemed happy with it.

Traded even three Black Locust removal for a side of organic beef. Mmm! My family is with Nana and I came home to six lbs of fresh Striped Bass filet in a cooler on my deck. Life is good and I am full. :|:

Good day today. Yesterday ended in the ER. Got chewed on pretty good by the 220 service line running through a tree and into a house. I'm alright, but it had me messed up for a few hours.

:lol:

Seriously though, glad you're ok and able to laugh about it. Time to reevaluate and make whatever changes are necessary to eliminate any repeats.

I'll tell you what happened. I stopped paying attention. Plain and simple. I was caught up in my work, and lost sight of the location of the wire. A big white birch. Fat sucker. Years ago someone reduced the height to keep it dead even with the service lines into the house. We were working.next door, and the lady asked.me to reduce it again while we were in the neighborhood. It was cut down properly to laterals last time. Those laterals produced some shoots that shot up straight about 8 feet. Easy quick task. Climb up, tie in, nip those shoots off. I lost sight of the wire. Laid a shoot on it. My elbow touched the butt of the limb as I reached my saw around to clip onto my saddle. The insulation was worn off on the wire in that spot, and i was unaware that it was on the wire. It rattled me good for a solid 4 seconds. Numbed my whole arm for an hour and my heart kept racing on me. Maybe it was fear causing it. Either way, my guys raked up in a jiffy, and hauled ass down to the hospitol to get looked at.

Back