How'd it go today?

On my Altec at the lower controls, there is a lever which switches the valve between upper and lower controls. There's also a third setting on that lever called purge. Other brands may be set up differently. What kind of lift is it?

It's a HiRanger. I don't have that valve, I have a big pushbutton you have to press to activate the lowers. The joystick at the bucket is low pressure fed with seven "icemaker" type plastic lines. One goes into the top of the lower control valve body, the others go one to each side of the three lower control levers. When you move the upper stick, you can see the lower levers move just like they would if you're running the bucket from the lowers.

Silly story. Learn something new everyday.
I was at the tire ands muffler place getting Katy's van brakes done. Parked on the side was a small bucket truck, boom with out bucket. I ask about it, if they are servicing the boom or what not... No... They were servicing the truck and had to wait for something. It seems there is a law in CA that states you have to remove the bucket from the boom when the truck is stored and not in service, or something like that....
Is that just CA?

Only four bolts once you get the covers off. It's easier once you've done it a few times. I set the truck up and flipped the upper boom over, putting the bucket in the back of my empty dump trailer. Made a very nice, clean, contained work area so there were no lost nuts or bolts and no crawling around in the dirt. We cleaned off all the crud and blew everything dry so it was pretty straight forward. After 7 years I have all the tools necessary, and removing the bucket was the easiest way.

Stephen, sounds like a CA thing (or perhaps an OSHA thing?)

I especially thought of you Brian when they told me that. Seeing you store yours daily. Probably some idiot in CA got his or her arse stuck in one at least once while out of service :lol:

Went and gave two bids this morning. Going to have three kids (of the goat variety):lol:, dehorned this afternoon. It'll be a nice, loud evening, I'm sure.:(

Curled up sick on the front seat of the chiptruck. I'm so achey my knees kept giving out slightly and making me stagger. Was going to call it a day but my groundie refused and insisted we keep the checks coming in. He has really taken a selfless mentality with my company since his last raise. So here I am shivering in the truck returning emails, and there he is in the mirror feeding the chipper like there's no tomorrow.

hope you're better soon, chris and B, hydration hydration hydration. keep warm, ever when your hot, IME. fevers are to help your body, not a simply annoying symptom like aches.

Dahlia is being very sweet and sleepy. a lil jaundiced (breakdown of excess red blood cells, which a week early delivery means liver is not up to full speed yet to clean blood) makes a lil lethargic. dropped 12.8% bodyweight since birth. normal guideline is 10% or less, so only minorly higher. midwife will come again tomorrow. post partum doula coming to help in 1 hour.

95.5 hours old.

It's rare for me as well. Customer just came to my window and hollered her lungs out at me. We started the work an hour earlier then we agreed and she was still at work. It was my fault and I smoothed her over. I just explained I wasn't feeling well and need to get home and didn't want to disappoint her by rescheduling. I used my most gentleman like tone and told her I would adjust her bill to reflect the inconvenience. She wanted to marry me by the time I was done talking.....

Josh, we'll break you of that useless habit before too long. :lol:

Chris and Burnham, I hope you guys are feeling better soon. Chris, sounds like you've got a hell of a ground guy. :thumbup:

Back