How'd it go today?

On a lighter note Tom did it again .Farted around getting his firewood taken care of so out he came to get a load of dry ash last evening .Same story about the last 3 years .No big deal he always replaces it .Oak for ash,not a bad deal at all on my part

spent the day at a luthier buddy's shop confirming plans on my custom made double bass and giving him a down payment. Going to take approx. 6 months to complete. Discussed style of build, materials (type of wood), tuners, action, tone, and a few other things. 4 hours disappeared quickly.

Dan is a real craftsman and wants me very involved through the entire process of the build on this instrument to make sure I get what I want. I have a new camera ordered (wife took the other one) so I will be visiting his shop from time to time during the next few months to take pics of the building process. I'm excited to say the least!

Also ordered a new Vermeer s650tx and a couple attachments from Top Notch Equip. this week. I'm looking forward to putting my purchases through their paces.

Sorry Sean. 36 is way too young. I took my Mom to a doctors appointment this morning and had lunch with them and my Grandson and my SIL. She's pretty annoying, but the grandkid is great!

Got the old tractor ready to go for the incomming snow if it gets that deep .Old antique didn't want to start after sitting a month but I won as usual .

:cry:Your condolences are appreciated. We're getting by. I've been able to support his partner of the last four years, and her kids, who were family to him, and she has been a support to me. We knew him better than anybody else. A friend of 12 years. At peace, or at least out of pain, at last.

Got the K boom road worthy again even though I want to do more to it. Raining like mad, maybe something will fall over this weekend!

Sean, sorry to hear, that sucks

If it rains like they say, should see some uprooting going on. Everything has been so dry till now. Willie, I saw new leaves and buds on blue oaks down here when I was doing some mistletoe. Never seen them bud and leaf out in January before. Been that warm.

Put together the old Simplicty Landlord for snow blower duty, sold a wood splitter, hung a cabinet or two, got frustrated, held self back from punching through new walls, now going to bed.

A whole bank of daffodils bloomed here, and a branch of a redbud flowered out but last night froze them all...
Sean, sorry for your loss.

I went down in the valley last week and the grasses were still all brown. Normally this time of year we have green down there feeding live stock. Needless to say, alfalfa is high and in demand. I have a friend that needs to graze her horses. I think I will let her put up some electric ribbon and do so down in our run off areas. About the only place we have any grass right now. And of course, less weeds I need to cut :D

just coming out of a week and a half of sub freezing temps and light snowfalls, now warmed to 4C and raining to beat the band. Many areas now worried about flooding through the next few days due to snow plugged catch basins combined with snow melt runoff and the rain itself. Me, I am looking to get out of the house for a few hours, cabin fever is set in strong after not getting out much the last couple weeks. I really want to go for a hike in the woods and try out some new gear but my new video camera is in the shop and junior isnt much of a hiking companion yet due to his limited groundspeed. :)

FWIW Stephen, those little GI mess kits are about $6-$15 on the eBay, if'n your young fellas are ready for them. I still have and remember getting my first mess kit with nesting cutlery in the boy scouts many years ago.

Attachments

• IMAG2401.jpg
    IMAG2401.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMAG2207.jpg
    IMAG2207.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 1952 GI mess kit.jpg
    1952 GI mess kit.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 3
Back