How'd it go today?

Id be booted FAST I bet. i realized a few years ago I am one weird cat. Not weird like perverted weird, more like goofed in the head weird.

:scrambleup:

Removed a couple of dead pines today, not a bad job except for the dust.

Got a call to look at a dead gum as well, he sounded a bit old on the phone and when I got there he was sitting out the front reading the paper, big block for here now about an acre.

Turned out he's 99, still mows his grass with his old Victa.:O

Good day today, first day back at work for Dad in about a week(counting the weekend). Good times, expect for the cold.

Actually might have found a new place to move into when I'm done at my current house. Its a sweet little place, out in the country a bit, and I can get it rent free, the guy is just looking for someone to do about a 1/2 to 3/4 of a day of mowing one day a week and just kinda watch the other house on the property. He has his main house in town, and then these two out in the country. Apparently the guy currently living there is about to get kicked out cause he hasn't been keeping up with some stuff. We've known the guy who owns them for awhile, or Dad has at least, he's a good guy. Just have to wait and see what happens, only downside is it adds 5 to 10 minutes to my 20 minute drive to work, but no biggie if I live there rent free.

snow day here. me and Bub went out and tried out his new ghetto sled aka heavy duty garbage bag, best I got right now. He is a little trooper, -5C plus windchill and nary a peep of complaint.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nyJnD6QhmO8?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• P1181780 (Large).jpg
    P1181780 (Large).jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 10
  • P1181788 (Large).jpg
    P1181788 (Large).jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 6
  • P1181791 (Large).jpg
    P1181791 (Large).jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 6
Finished a three day stint at one of our favourite on going jobs. The one with all the erratics (granite boulders) on 120 acres. Did some crown raising for some equipment to come in and terrace a garden. Cleaned up some more rocks and meadows. Got to show off the Wraptor today on a gray pine that had lost a leader in the crown in the crazy wind storm. There were some limbs he wanted gone to open his view and some dead hanging ones that were really ugly to look at. I did it for gratis in hopes to spur the dude into hiring me for some climb work. He and his wife worry about me working at height. Sweat the price a little too. But it is mostly a safety comfort issue. So Rob was with him on the ground while I was up the tree explaining what was going on. Hit my TIP with throw line and a hand throw first throw. Wraptored up to the TIP and raise the crown. I doubt I was aloft for 30 minutes with set up. Got down, pulled my R2R FS and chatted with him for a minute, pointing out how much safer it was for me cutting those larger limbs from above them rather than below. Sold him. So I get to do mistletoe on the property this summer (that he has already scheduled about 9 days previous) while Rob works the brush lines. :)
Again.... The Wraptor sells the work..
Supposed to rain tonight and through the weekend, so I may not be working for a bit. Call came in for another estimate... guess I'll be looking at trees through the storm :D

Did I mention I got a $50.00 tip ? :D

Glad you are enjoying that dinosaur buddy;) It is funny how much attention it gets , I remember early on I was ascending a big pecan and a woman in the parking lot next to us started shouting " LOOK ITS PETER PAN":lol:

We finished our fruit tree pruning today. I would just as soon take a good ass whipping as prune fruit trees all day. That may be an exaggeration, but you get my point.

If it involves a ladder, I can relate and totally understand your feelings on that. Except I don't have near the time in pruning fruit and nut trees like you do.. That would really be a burn out job if I did.

Yeah, 90% with pruning shears from an orchard ladder. Reminds me of pruning my Dad's 3900 walnut trees when I was a kid.

Back