How'd it go today?

Could a been any number of things, or many things compounded. Bananas are an age-old remedy. Electrolytes and dehydration go hand in hand, but are different.

I wish I could force my supervisor to drink more water. He's been cranky and not very clear of direction of the game plan two days this week. I hand him a water bottle regularly, and he's thankful of it, but seems to set it down way to soon. He's 240 pounds and I'm about 195. I drink 3-5x's as much water as him at work, easily, and its still not always enough. Bananas are a regular part of my diet.

Hope the cramps are done by now.

Strange day today. Delivered firewood all day. Had a guys lose control on the ice driving towards me in the other lane. He over corrected and shot off the road into the side of a house. I watched him go face first into the windshield. I stopped and all I could hear was a natural gas line on the side of the house got shattered and was blowing gas out. His car was on top of the line and still running. I yelled to him to hurry up and get out but he was too dazed from the impact. I man handled him out of tye car in an instant, stuffed him in the chip truck and boogied down the road a hundred yards to get out of danger. He was pretty goofed from the impact and was fidgety and wanting to walk around. I called 911 and kept the dude in ky truck until the cops and fire company arrived. I delivered 3 more cords after that.

Damn, Chris. The HERO! You earned some angel points from that one.

Probably hard to know what to do, go after a stranger or keep yourself, the family man, safe. Musta been hella scary. Glad it didn't end up in a Hollywood blow-up.

Sold a job 2.5 miles from my house to a new customer on the Sound. Good neighbors to get in with. Bid a job 1 mile from my house. Back home.

We had our midwife check-up appointment postponed from this morning until Monday due to a birth. Could be our friend Carolyn, who is 2 weeks past the due date. Hopefully!

Our other friend who was 1.5 weeks past the due date just delivered a 8.75 pound baby after about 42 hours from the beginning of labor until birth. She got an epidural after a prolonged labor, which slows down the process.

They say that self-consciousness, like being watched in the hospital, and all the interruptions prolongs labor; a part of why we are aiming for a home birth.

Thats no hero move. Thats just being a human. I dont have it in me to see someone in that position and not act. Its a hero that goes into something knowing he wont come out. What I did was ballsy, but not heroic.

Nicely done Chris! Think fast, move faster!
Went to tag the trailer today, only brought one check, had to have two, one for property taxes, one for tags? Stupid!
Ready and waiting for the wife now, I'm decked out and ready for the Koch "Holiday party" now. Yes, I know the holiday's are over!

I still vote Hero. You pulled him out because you were concerned about a huge explosion. You went into harm's way to protect a stranger. Modest, too, which is good.

Two day mistletoe removal.... done today. I think I have one more day in me for more. I have to call the client and see which property we will be working. One will be mistletoe removal. I already did these trees though so the Wraptor will come in real handy for multiple climbs for just a few sprigs in their crowns. Eight trees over the last two days and two more removed. They were riddled with the shat. First three were not so bad. The last bunch sucked with a 1/2 life. Lousy drag to the chipper as well. Oh well.. Nice pay check and move on. They will be calling for more.
I'm whooped.

I suppose you could use Go-Jo on the the old 'stach .Works for everything else .

Oh that potassim deal most of us don't get enough of it .Incidently my wife who has a condition which causes the lymphatic fluids to pool in her legs suffers from leg cramps .Recently she has been taking a potassium suppliment and the cramps "Charley horses " have subsided .

We got a few inchs of lake effect snow that hit Chicago,Cleveland and Buffalo NY .Only about 2-3 but how the wind did blow for a short while .It was a bit nippey at 16 degrees and 20 MPH gusts .

Mrs Smith forgot to fire the stove and the geo kicked in .It's now a pleasant 75 degrees as I type .Oh do I dislike winter any more .

ha! we have yet to see sub freezing temps this winter but there is a forecast for a few inches of fluffy white stuff this weekend. I have had 2 job offers to babysit/run a plowtruck or skidsteer so far today, I left them both at a 'call me if it snows' and we will see what happens. :D

Spent nigh on 7 hours in the hooks today. Took down two pines, one sweet gum and one I-don't-know-what. Bark favored an ash, owner called it an oak. Might have been what they call live oak in Texas. I never would have believed it, but I had my ground guy tie a knot in the rope at the ground whilst I held enough slack to reach the top needles of one of the pines. We measured it when I got down. From the end of the rope to the knot was 101'. Been a while since I climbed one that I knew was 100' tall. Shot some video with my helmet cam of the tall one. If I ever figure out how to edit it, I might can put some video together....

SDC11263.JPG SDC11261.JPG SDC11264.JPG

Well I had the tough job of sampling some ice cold Corona beer on the beach today here at Ricon De Guaybitos. Nice hot sun today 31C. Just as I finished that beer my 8 yr old daughter says "daddy there's a man up in that tree".
I turned around and see a bare footed soul pruning some palm fronds and dropping a 1/2 dozen coconuts 50-60 feet up. I didn't see him go up but from 2 different versions from some bystanders, he shimmied up barefoot and the other version sounded like he used 2 loop slings. His groundie belayed him down to the ground.
Good old school rope, haha.

It looks like he had the rope around his waist the whole time and dragged it up as he shimmied up with his barefeet.
When he got back down to the ground he pulled the rope from out of the tree.

Back