How'd it go today?

I got an FT-1900 for the truck, it's no biggie, but if you set a tone in one memory and don't turn it off on the the next memory it automatically puts it in. I had to go back and reprogram eight memories without the tones.

Good to hear you are feeling somewhat better Dave. I hate being sick.

Made some more good progress on that two day job today. Started staging more for burning as they shut the burn days off again. I now have a large clearing to fell a good sized gray pine into. Need to pull it up hill 90 degrees out of favor. HO asked if I would fall it today, I told him only if he wanted to buy 200 feet of 1/2 stable braid. :D Burn piles will be hot for days.... He opted to wait until the end of the month ;)
Take a couple days off and see what come of it. I need some rest. Shoulder is still rough to work with all day.

Knocked out a big job with a friend today. Flew his ALC 60 rear mount a bit. Loved it. We wrecked 7 monster trees, down and cleaned up by 2 oclock. Having that truck knocks out work. Amazing to me.

Currently at Ashlys family party, kinda intoxicated. Only way to get through one. :|:

$10 a gallon in the barrel + delivery, I pay $8 in 1 gallon jugs at the store

The biodegradable oil I have to use when cutting in state forests are $20 a gallon.

Since there is always room left over on the pallet when I buy stuff from Bailey's, I have them fill it up with Motion lotion in gallon jugs. At $8,75 a gallon that works out fine.

After watching my wheelbarrows sit in the neighbors yard full of concrete for a week, I went and got them and cleaned them out. The garage was open so I got the rest of my concrete tools as well. Had to take a grinder with a wire wheel to get the concrete cleaned off my bull float and fresno, he'd left my poles outside, I had to hit them with a hammer to get them apart and ground the anodizing off in several places getting the concrete off of them and my broom was ruined. Balls of hardened concrete on the ends of the bristles! I broke the broom in half and threw it in his driveway! I am so beyond pissed off right now! I shouldn't have to go get my own tools, I shouldn't have to clean my own tools and I DAMN sure shouldn't have to throw my own tools away after you borrowed them and told me they were taken care of! That's just bull shit!

It is indeed.

I lent my circular saw to my neighbour a while ago.
When he brought it back, he also gave me a new blade for it, because he hit a nail.

That guy is always welcome to borrow my stuff.:)

I don't loan the tools that I make my living with either,
My saws are MINE!
The new apprentice found that out a while ago when he got his saw stuck, borrowed my 660 and stuck the tip into the dirt without noticing, so he just put it back in the truck.

Next day I'm fixing to drop a large horse chestnut that I had just wrecked out, and my saw won't cut.:X

I'm sure he'll never do that again after the reaming I gave him. Lesson learned.:)

Just working in the shop and waiting for a call about some tree work. I started a winter bike project, someone gave me an old magnesium mountain bike frame in excellent shape. I don't think he planned to give it to me, but I just whined about it enough. :lol: Strip it down and clean and grease all the still desirable components.....think I'll make it into a single speed. I enjoy working on bikes after work, good concentration and it is relaxing. Got all the tools and atmosphere, warm stove, sake and music, it's all there. Leisurely ride home after for dinner, usually no cars on the road by then. A cool guy started a bike shop barely two minutes away, and he works at night too....if I might need something. Almost never wants to charge me, we do some trades now and then.

Someone came over, rang the door bell and beat on the door around 11:30. I was still in bed and didn't want to deal with them yet, I was a hurting unit!
Been home, on the roof, garage door open etc. all afternoon/evening, he's not come over, big shock!
I have things a lot of people don't, I've tried like Hell to be helpful and "do unto others", but I'm done, it's time to start listening and to Hell with them because all they are going to do is F me in the end!

Back