How'd it go today?

Cleaned up my mess and then some from yesterday and did a couple estimates on my way to the bank... I too had some post to take to the bank. Nice to see. A lot of times the clients wait until after Christmas to send them out. All of the receivables out there came in today :D
Poison oak fest for the next two days :P

i couldn't take it, so i went in to work today. did a couple of easy prune jobs and changed the blades on the chipper. i think i can handle a few more days like that. scouring craigslist for a new truck, couple possibles but nothing solid yet. nice little ranger ext cab 4x4 and an s-10 flatbed dump truck ex city.

Good day turned sour here. Easy day planting some trees, and doing some misc work, came home to find out one of the bedrooms is infested with bed bugs :cry: Room next to mine, they had to throw out the bed and box spring. I'm lucky so far, just in my box spring, so I threw that out, and bought a mattress case to go over my mattress. Bought one thats supposed to be bed bug repellent/bed bug proof. They can't eat into it into my mattress, and even if there are a few in there, it kills them since they can't get out either. Between the cover and the bug guys nuking this place, I should be good until May. I'll get a new mattress come May, when I move outta this place. Not taking any chances of taking them with me when I move, no matter how slim.

Checked my bed frame, just the three untreated base boards were infected, the rest of the bed is good. Bug guys are spraying Monday morning. Not exactly how I wanted to end a good day.

The first guy that i ever did tree work for here, showed up at my shop unexpectedly. He lives in the next town over. i see him on the average about every two years or so now, usually he will bring some saws to be looked at, which was the case today. He was out of work for a long time with some very bad knees, even semi retired before that. An 026 and an 038 magnum, neither had been run in over a year. Old saws for sure, and not my favorite job to not know what you might be getting into, but after not wanting to start, both were running pretty good by the end of the day. They have seen a lot of use. I work cheap for him, some good history between us, plus he taught me some. Called him and he was happy that he didn't need to buy any parts, or have to wait while I looked for them at ebay.

Burnham, by the way, this guy was quite heavy set and a hard worker, and the last time I saw him his knees were really shot, had a very hard time getting around. A changed man now after knee replacements, it is hard to believe. Gets around super well, and is back on his mountain doing some work. Lost some weight, looking good. Pretty amazing how replacements are working these days. He had them done both at once, pretty gutsy I think.

I know, Jay...I'm just a big chicken about the surgery. I have a cousin a few years older than me who has had both hips replaced. Wish I'd never talked to him about it...his experiences are not what I would want, no effing way.

I also know that he's in the minority, but it's working on my head in a bad way.

Got the floor joist cut down, sisterd up and all level. Not really sure what the Hell happened today, we went to lay the new 3/4" floor down, first cut was a nasty piece, had to be notched around the corner into the closet, nothing is straight, nothing is square etc. Cut it and it fit right in the first time? No trimming, no notching, right in?
We started at 9:30 and were done, picked up/loaded up at 12! Scary!

Our new nice jackets with logo arrived today.

So I put it on and went out to cut 2 trees by the road. Ran out of gas when i only had one cut left, and went back to the car to refuel.
Put my saw on my shoulder and headed back . When I got there I was wondering why my pants were sticking to the back of my leg.

The oil cap had been improprely closed, so I'd dumped a whole tank of motion lotion down my back.
All over the new jacket and the pants were soaked through.

Only one thing to do, but man, they looked at me strangely when I showed up at my sawdealer in my boxershorts, to get a new pair of pants.

I have always enjoyed poking fun at those who bitch and moan about fliptops, because they lack the manual dexterity to operate them.

Might tone that down a bit, henceforth:lol:

Was supposed to climb for the guy I used to work for today, he changed it till after the new year because of the weather. Didn't rain once today, figures :|:

No biggy, I had some things to do. Painted my office, and met with Ashlys cousin to measure for the cabinets again, ordered those. Cut a bunch of wood so it can get split this weekend. I need to move one of my log piles so I can layout the area for a fence/gate, and my shelter for the truck. I hate cutting wood so if I do a little bit a day it won't be too bad. Picked up our new couches, and put those in the house. Bid a job and to the bank.

Naw.

I like having machines to move big pieces. :D

Everyone gets a boner about cutting up trees, I get a boner making the tree disappear in as little cuts as possible.

At my kids Christmas concert tonight, have to wait for 1/2 hour, this iPad rocks!

I'm getting hard, or sumthin?
The boy got in trouble this morning with Mama, so instead of the normal rush home to appease him, we did what Dad wanted to do this afternoon!
We went to the local Radio Shack/ham store. Took some of my flooring money and got some power in the truck, I got a Yeasu ft-1900r 2M rig, 55w, and took out the Icom IC-706, 10w on 2M. I also snagged an Astron 12A power supply for $30. Thinking about moving the 706 in the house, but really leaning towards selling it. I'm just not getting into HF like I hoped. It just seems like a bunch of grumpy old men bitching about how hard it was for them to get a license and how easy the newbies have it so they suck and don't want to talk to them. For a hobby needing new blood, they sure don't seem to encourage new members much.
But I've really gotten into Skywarn and storm spotting! I've signed up with the local net and worked several storms last year without a membership and they welcomed me right in.
Sorry, long winded post that most of you wont understand or care about.

Back