How'd it go today?

LOL@ Stig looking like one of the oily guys in the group hug pic... :lol:

LOL @ myself... cuz I almost did the same thing last weekend. :lol:

Burned and did some more brushing around a 100' long slash pile, couple of piles 1/3 the size, felled a burning hollow 3' DBH oak snag, thinned some trees. All on a slippery slope with plenty of water on hand. Been a day. Tomorrow will be a lot of the same less the really big slash pile.

went to work, assigned a job involving some removals and lots of stump grinding. our self propelled grinder is in the shop. me, to the boss: "did you reserve a grinder?" (rental). boss: "no, they always have them". needless to say, they didn't have one. did the removals, all small. got the grinder at 1:00, started on the stumps. old stumps, cypress? nope, petrified euc, possibly 50 years old and hard as rock. got all the fresh stumps ground and 2 of the eucs, the rest i think we will be able to tear apart with the tractor tomorrow.

Our new nice jackets with logo arrived today.

So I put it on and went out to cut 2 trees by the road. Ran out of gas when i only had one cut left, and went back to the car to refuel.
Put my saw on my shoulder and headed back . When I got there I was wondering why my pants were sticking to the back of my leg.

The oil cap had been improprely closed, so I'd dumped a whole tank of motion lotion down my back.
All over the new jacket and the pants were soaked through.

Only one thing to do, but man, they looked at me strangely when I showed up at my sawdealer in my boxershorts, to get a new pair of pants.

I have always enjoyed poking fun at those who bitch and moan about fliptops, because they lack the manual dexterity to operate them.

Might tone that down a bit, henceforth:lol:

Laughed Out Loud!!!

I spilled oil down my left leg just 3 weeks ago. Cap not quite set right on my 261. Blasted caps!! Two days before a guy I brought it busted the screw cap on my 660, as I was up a 36" Doug-fir which subsequently had to be blocked down with the 261 ugh...

We had a good day. Demoed a brand new Terex Woodsman 750 chipper today and was so impressed we almost pulled the trigger on the job today but since we just bought a new chipper truck we decided to hold off on the chipper for a little while. But it is a beast of a machine! Had all the bells and whistles too just like our bandit but there design is so much more simple and efficent.

Andy, to be honest, I have a little trouble concentrating on your posts since you got the new avatar. Something about your truck....?

We had a good day. Demoed a brand new Terex Woodsman 750 chipper today and was so impressed we almost pulled the trigger on the job today but since we just bought a new chipper truck we decided to hold off on the chipper for a little while. But it is a beast of a machine! Had all the bells and whistles too just like our bandit but there design is so much more simple and efficent.

Looks like a nice machine. What type of motor and what was the price tag on it?

Looks like a nice machine. What type of motor and what was the price tag on it?

It had a 140 JD diesel on it. It had a winch, auto feed, lift cylinder and electric throttle. He told us we could have an awesome deal on the machine he just asked me not to tell the price. List on the machine was 50,500 but we were below that. We just couldn't make a decision like that on the spot.

Thanks for the info Mike. I hear nothing but good things from people on this site about Woodsman chippers. I just looked to so see where the closest dealer to me is in Illinois and it is 6 hours away. There another in Ft. Wayne, Indiana and that is like 4 hours. :(

Wahoo! I finally feel like maybe I will live. I have been battling the Flu since Sunday. In a sick way it was a nice reminder of just how shitty we can feel, the aching of every fiber of ones body, vomiting, chills then sweats. One thing I do know is it is way better to have it with a good woman around. I did it alone this round and though my dogs are great, they just aren't good at cool sponge baths.

That sucks! Glad you are feeling better!

It finally warmed up enough I went out and programmed the new radio, not bad until you get into tones, then you need to hold your tongue right three different ways to get that right! Now if there was someone on the air so I know it talks!
Waiting for a guy to call, need to trim some branches over a driveway for him, all pole saw work, shouldn't be too bad.

I like my woodsman, the smallest one they make actually. I cannot imagine the way a larger one processes whole tree parts. I regularly stick the most brushy pieces in mine without trimming and it just eats it up. That is the best thing about the machine. So damn simple too. Mine lacks in chip throwing on larger pieces, and at times it'll continue to suck the piece in after the auto feed cycled. That can be helped if I ran a grinder over the teeth of the feed wheel I guess, and kept the knives razor sharp all the time. Just not realistic when it goes out everyday.

Anyways, had a good end to the week today. Knocked out a dead Birch, near two sets of wires and over Rhodies he wanted no damage on. Wishing I had the bucket for this one. Windy as hell to this morning, and I was up on a hill which made it worse. Got that down without a hitch. Large hanging limb after that job at another location. Two squirrels scared the crap out of me. Came running out of the cut.

Went to the house and split the wood we brought home from the mornings Birch, loving that super splitter.

Back