How'd it go today?

Damn and double Damn Stig! Be careful man, you are supposed to be educating idiots like me, not turning out to be crippled like me!
Nice offer on the Wraptor, might be just what you need Darin? Nice break?

GRRRRRRRR!!! Just flat GRRRRR, today! This poor girl worked her butt off helping me, we got the floor all up and started sistering 2x6's to the joist's, then they started moving? Moving a LOT? The damn shims under them had rotted out, YAY! Get to start all over in the am, shim and set the joists, then get the sisters right when they are set. I didn't see this coming, how could you?

No need to say it to an old pro right, but will anyway, careful Stig! I know a guy that died that way. Hit by a Eucalyptus.

Perhaps some activity that will give a different range of motion will aid the aches and pains. A friend that has treated many physical problems, tells me that lack of stretching is the number one cause of joint and muscle problems, especially as you age. Riding a bicycle regularly sure aids me. Just sayin...

Wanna demo a Wraptor for a while so your tendonitis can heal?? NoBivy had a bad elbow too till he got his. The only cure for it is rest, kinda hard when you are the climber.

If I was still climbing fulltime, self-employed, I'd have one. It can increases productivity significantly. Plus, its sweeet.

good you walked away from that one Stig. i just went to the doctors too, chronic bronchitis. now ive got an inhaler and a scrip for antibiotics in case it turns into pneumonia:(. boss said dont come in tomorrow, that will make six days of work missed so far. at least im mobile now. i plan to spend the day tinkering.

Wanna demo a Wraptor for a while so your tendonitis can heal?? NoBivy had a bad elbow too till he got his. The only cure for it is rest, kinda hard when you are the climber.

A very kindly offer but most of my climbing isn't all that high up. Thanks for considering that. It's mostly handsaw and chainsaw use that agrivates it.

Brendon, for some reason that I have never figured out, I am less careful with injured portion of my body. I slammed a finger that had stitches in a pocket door once. Recently I have been cutting corners walking through doorways and smashing my elbow. It almost a daily occurrence.

Oh yeah I got aches and pains all over myself .Just a fact of life if you live long enough .

It's doing stupid stuff when you were younger coming back to haunt you in later life .

Seems I am always smacking something I hurt against a wall, doorway or something. And thank Paul for that Wraptor. My shoulder kind of probably feels like both of your's Stig. That limb that got me in the Walnut hit me like some one with a base ball bat across the shoulder blade. Still sore. Wraptor is helping me keep on keeping on... Well, that and Excedrine. :lol: Be careful mang!
Jaime, don't push it too hard being sick... Doing that can really bite you in the butt......
I feel your pain Squishy....
And Andy...
Sux when shat happens like that.
Burnam... careful not to push it as well!

Besides Andys avatar, I got a nice surprise today. I was supposed to burn some slash piles and I had deemed it too dry. So the HO's gave me a dead oak over her studio to remove and now have added the oak next to it that they don't like due to the other oak missing :lol:
I have to go back and chip the slash and she keeps the chips. So I just make piles she can move to her garden.. There are just days I love my job and master gardeners. :)
She originally wanted me to just fell the thing through all the butterfly bushes, but that was not going to happen with out me taking at least one side off, then pull it and hope the hinge held on dead oak.. Ummm NO.. Homey likes the odds more in his favor8) Easy climb and rig with a Wraptor and a good central leader.

Attachments

• PC120002.jpg
    PC120002.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 4
  • PC120004.jpg
    PC120004.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 4
Glad your ok Stig. Just shows that even with experience you still have to watch the sky's. I got hit in a similar way years ago, knocked me out & bust a couple of ribs. I was lucky

That reminds me - I wonder how our old buddy John Lambert/Gypo Logger doing after his widow maker encounter? He hasn't been back since posting about it.

Attachments

• gypologger-smash.jpg
    gypologger-smash.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 5
Another good day here. Three Maple take downs, and a large random dead leader from another. More water, poor drainage. Opened the mailbox to find four checks, woo hoo! It's only been since beginning of November.

Found a nice beech burl in the woods today.
Big enough that I had to hire two native bearers to carry it out ( Richard & Martin):)

I put it on the woodturners forum as a solstice raffle.
The turners are already queing up for it.

P1010284.JPG

Back