How'd it go today?

It was a good day and everything went according to plan and I am really tired. Tomorrow is really going to suck about six hundred yards of buckthorn removal.

Windy north of me. We were expecting it but it never happened. I heard Oklahoma and a couple more states are gonna get it in a day or two. Gusts over 100mph.

It was a good day and everything went according to plan and I am really tired. Tomorrow is really going to suck about six hundred yards of buckthorn removal.
Brutal!
Friday for me (with exception to emergency tree fun) is poison oak covered with storm downed live oaks and manzanita and those covered with poison oak... Wouldn't wanna trade though :D

I spun the harmonic dampener/ crank pulley last night. Threw the belt and had to get the Mustang towed home. Appears to be a fairly simple repair so I'm hoping I can get everything fixed up today.

just got back power this morning. two days in the dark, very romantic;), but no treehouse:(. i got put on the non-emergency crew this last couple of days. yesterday was my three man crew tackling a 5 man job with an hour and a half one way drive time. we handled it, wrapped up just before dark, tgif.

Hope you get it sorted out Brian, I had the crank pulley on my old F150 break like that, ended up just welding it and grinding it flat, worked fine!

Went to Skywarn appreciation day at the local National weather service center, got to meet the guys I've talked to on the radio, see the new radar system they are using now, and had free reign of the whole place. Pretty neat time!

Finished a wood processing job and went and looked at a tree I have worked on in the past. Seems to have died and needs removed. Got the job. Good sized English Walnut.
Stehanson? You want any for blanks and how big?? Some of the limbs are still pretty solid. The HO is probably just going to burn it in a slash pile.

Attachments

• P1010184.jpg
    P1010184.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 7
  • P1010183.jpg
    P1010183.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 7
Brutal!
Friday for me (with exception to emergency tree fun) is poison oak covered with storm downed live oaks and manzanita and those covered with poison oak... Wouldn't wanna trade though :D
It really was not that bad. It was more like 800 yards. I was running the brush cutter and had three guys feeding my chipper and we pounded it out in five hours. I think we produced 50 some odd yards of chips, but oh well we get to do the two more fairways this week.

Guess I may eventually work some more on the Willys today... First get some lunch. Had to take Wyatt to work this morning and look at a cedar that suffered some wind issues. Roots are pulling up. Took a crow bar (as it was just laying there instead of getting a rod out of the truck :lol: ) and just pushed it right down in the soil pretty much all around the tree. You could see the dirt all cracked and pushed up 10 feet out from the RC. So I get to kill that one tomorrow or Saturday. Pretty much bomb all the brush, top it out so it fits where I will fell the stick.

Bucket slug for part of the day. Then chipped a ton of brush at my house.

Been a great productive weekend. :rockon:

--and you've never seen western Ohio mud either ---The swamps of Louisiana don't have anything on that stuff except they are water logged all the time.

The bathtub in the soon to be rental house needs a little attention. Rough and discolored around the drain. Found a tub refinishing kit that I'm going to try. Need to take the chrome drain trim off the inside of the tub to do the work.

Is there a trick to getting it off? There is an access panel in the dining room to get to the plumbing. Will I need to get under the tub at the drain to get the trim off or does it just spin off from the top side?

Any advice, before I tear into it, would be greatly appreciated.

Should just spin out from top side. Drain wrench or even a pair of linesman pliers will do the trick.
542001N.jpg

10115.jpg

If they will fit :)

Back