How'd it go today?

Crazy week here. Sold 8 Wraptors!! No idea where or why that came around but Im happy. I was really happy too that we got rained out for 2 days, I actually got them shipped out today. I kinda figured we were about done for the season only to have my biggest week ever. Guess Ill never get the retail industry figured out....

Awesome news Paul. And Brendon as well. I managed to get my 200t snatched from my grubby mitts. Took a good dive from 20ft. Bent the bar and broke the chain brake. That's all I noticed. I'm sure it has some more damages.
Finished the job at the fortune 500 company. Had to stay out of the way of 5 loading docks. Tucked back in a little alley way. It was tight, but worked out well.

Had a good hard freeze here last nite so ALL the leaves are now falling, especially the fruitless mulberrys. We had some to trim today and the leaves falling sounded like rain drops. It was pretty cool to hear.

Dam leaves are the one thing i hate about fall.

I usually make about 6 trips around the yard with the leaf picker-upper-gizmo .Well it just so happened this year the damned things kept getting rained on .After about the second try of plugging the hose about every 20 feet I got out the blower .

I'll have to say that BR 400 Stihl will flat blow some leaves now ,a wall about 2 feet tall about like a hurricane in miniature .It just gets a tad annoying though having to listen to that whiney rascal for an hour and a half at a time .A saw will run out of gas it that time that blower is like the energizer bunny ,on and on and on .

after raking up 1/2 the leaves on tree 2, for tree 3 i busted out the blower and cleaned off the yard prior to trimming. I wasnt getting paid to pick up leaves.

I saw a story on a news show couple weeks back about some towns that have banned leaf blowers. Thats nuts. i know theyre noisy and all but to out right ban them? F that.

Shoot, 15years ago I worked in Oakland CA and we werent allowed to use a chainsaw for cuts under 4" in dia:O because of noise ordinance. Definately no blowers also. It was crazy, first couple of weeks I worked there I thought my arms were going to fall off from all the handsawing......

Insane in the membrane.

That is awesome news Paul! Maybe Christmas came early for some :/: :D

Thinning job on slopes today. I have more days all year over there. One of those jobs that just keeps going and going like the bunny... I have to keep asking.... "how many acres you have ??":?
Came home to a day care fiasco. Had to run right back out and pull out the kids and taker them home in the work truck. Seems Kat and the provider (Mara) had words and I came home to find out Mara is not able to watch them into the evening. Gawd sometimes women should be spanked for their "catty" behavior... I friggen kid you not! Cooking more dinner...

Gave two estimates and then got a call from Dad; took Mom to the hospital with a hemoglobin of 8.0 (normal range 12.0 to 15.2)... not sure what is happening yet; admitted her and they'll do a few tests tomorrow.

Geeze I sit here about all morning twiddling on the internet .The sun is out somewhat so I have to get my lazy azz to the woods and do some work .On the other hand it's kind of nice to not have a time schedual so I can do as I damn well please .:D

Twenty-four hours and two units of blood later, Mom is starting to feel a bit better; still no indication of why hemoglobin is falling so fast and so far. Health care has changed a lot since I was working here at the hospital; not all changes for the better; it is very obvious that the workload of the staff requires they attend efficiently and sparingly to their patients. Having a family member present over the past 24 hours and demanding certain care has been necessary. I feel bad for those alone in the hospital without an advocate.

Yeah, good news, hope for a quick return to normal for your mom. Wonder if scarce care is a trend in the US? Two years or so ago when I had to jam to the hospital with a highly irregular heart beat for some unknown reason, man they came at me from all sides. It was kind of embarrassing. Probably with heart, they don't mess around or something.

Good news, Pat. :thumbup:

TGIF... the end of the week from HELL.

I was gone last week on a service call to Indiana. On the day I left, my local customer called and told me their large rod-breakdown machine went down. I told them I'd be back on Saturday, and could look at it then. They insisted they couldn't wait, and would have their maintenance guy look at it.

He did more than look, alright. In his messing about in the spooler sub-panel, he managed to jump 480 volts AC to the 24 volts DC system for all the electronics. He smoked just about everything electronic in the machine. It took me all week to locate and replace all of the damaged components, at a cost to the customer of over $24,000- not to mention the downtime on a machine that feeds every single other work station in the plant.

The final tally:
1 S7-300 CPU
2 32 DI cards
2 16 AI cards
1 16 AO card
12 Phoenix Contact level converters
11 4-20mA proximity sensors
38 proximity switches
11 Siemens MasterDrives input boards
35 24v lamps
16 24v relays

I suggested to the customer that next time... waiting the two days would not be such a bad idea, after all. The original failure was a stuck relay that made a small motor blow a fuse. The function for this motor was to run the elevator that loads spools; something that can be done with a forklift, in a pinch. It would have been a 15 minute repair to replace the relay and fuse. :roll:

Here's the inside of one of the input cards. :O

2011-11-02_12-15-27_808.jpg

Back