How'd it go today?

I still argue that riding the crane is safer if done right.. I keep my ANSI book inthe truck for the day the OSHA guy decides to stop and see what all the fuss is about!!

Good day. First day driving our Parks' bucket truck on I-5. Easier than my chip truck. No tight city driving or chipper or skidder, though. With the skidder on, the rig is 63'. With the chipper, 49'. My dump/ chipper is probably only 33', maybe a hair longer, but is a manual. Should be interesting. Knocked down three trees in the park, and pruned a couple.

Lining up weekend jobs for the long weekend before heading to Oklahoma City for Thanksgiving.

Starting a laminate floor project in our living room.

Figures, yesterday I was telling Brendon how good my truck runs and how solid the motor is and today it died on me on the interstate on the way home from Disney. No coolant loss, no oil loss, but it overheated and lost a cylinder. I limped it about 3 miles to a convenient exit off ramp and it died before I came to a stop. Got it towed to my mechanic (expensive, but very good and fast) and hopefully I'll find out more tomorrow. They were closed by the time we got there and got the truck unhooked.

I had one of our lifts goes down on the way back to the shop, looks like a VP44 injector pump.

Big old diesel trucks can be money makers but they can suck up the money for repairs at times .Just seems to be the way it is .Tom was tellng me the other day he dumped 3-400 bucks in just a general tune up .Winter coming on you sure as the dickens want the thing right before the mercury drops .

Thought you'd never ask.

Shawnee, actually. My wife's parents' house.

Maybe going to Wichita, KS to the grandparents.

Let me know if you are coming to Wichita, we can try and meet up, I still have a bar that I haven't sent out, I'm slacking! Be nice to put a face to the name, and you can see for yourself I am as crazy as I come across! We are going to Tulsa Wens night and back Thurs, have dinner with my folks Saturday, but will be around close.

Sorry Brian, nothing about that sounds good at all!

Worked on a 3/4 ton Dodge today, gal had taken it to Oklahoma and it was wandering so it went to the shop, $1800 bill her dad said to bring it to me! I drove it to my house at 35 it was all over like a drunk on the way home from a bender! It was bad. Ball joints, tie rods, pitman arm, idler arm, everything worn out.
Went to get the parts and all they had was the ball joints, ordered the rest and came home.
Guy across the street told me how to take it apart, take the top off first, then knock the bottom out. I'm smarter than he is, i take the bottom out then knock out the top, drop the damn spindle right on the concrete.
Fine, maybe he knows what he's talking about, I do the opposite on the other side, everything is fine until the assembly falls down smashing and splitting my finger at the same time!
Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed!

I hope you both have a better day tomorrow. Bad days really suck. I took the forms off a chimney I poured a crown for. The dip that built it had crowned it with mortar. Nice. I built it so it overhangs 2 1/4". On the bottom I put a drip groove in. Twin flue 20" x 77". The guy that built it came back after the mortar joints started popping and repointed them and gave the crown a coat of sealer like you trowel on a concrete block wall to waterproof it. Has fibreglass in it. Didn't hold up. I would like to know what he charged for that.

I'm guessing the fuel system. That sucks royally, I feel your pain as I just put a tranny in the bucket last weekend. On the bright side, we paid off the bucket truck today!

Trimmed a large american elm and some shumard oaks. Mainly deadwood.

spent 2 hrs tonite preparing for a seminar presentation tomorrow. I hope it goes ok.

Southsound, welcome to Oklahoma! so far, the weather looks good, the 7 day only shows monday. tune into KOCO.com for a good forcast.

Back