How'd it go today?

Maybe it isn't as bad as it seems sometimes. Someone wants to work quickly for the sake of the job, get something done to make the next step go smoothly for themselves and or the person up in the tree, gets hurried and cuts a rope or sumpin. It isn't lazyness causing neglect. I think I have a person in mind guilty of this possibility. I thought I cut a rope is as close as I have come though, but nay.

Agreed, the cost of a new rope knows no distinctions.

today was a fun day for me, i took it off (sort of) and made 4 gallons of chili for our local United Way Chili cookoff. Its thier big annual fundraiser. I man the booth for our Boy Scout council. I was up at 6 putting all the ingredients together, run to the office and get the guys going, go to competition to secure our spot and set up a little, back home to get the goods and then serve chili for 2 hours. Its a lot of work and my wife chastizes me for it but its nice to see all the people i know and get the compliments on the chili. I make a white chicken chili and get tons of compliments but as of yet, no awards.

Got home about 3, put on a new trampoline mat for the daughter and then off to do an estimate, drop off paychecks and cut a little wood.

I luvs me some good old homemade chili!!!
168.gif

Put a new power steering pump in the F350 this morning. HP hose came in this morning. Took everything to the job site and had Rob start processing fire wood for the customer while I got greasy. That way I did not need to reschedule the job :)
Joined him after I got the pump installed, gathered, bucked and split about 2 cord. Bank, home, fast food, soccer and then back home. Whew! Soccer and 2 estimates over the weekend and then I am taking at least part of a day off :P

Went to the track again last night. Nice cool temps and good track prep made for some great times. I ran a personal best of 12.167@111.75. Then people began losing parts and dripping fluids all over the track. I waited three hours and was still at least a half hour from getting another run so I finally cut out at 11:30.

A couple nice old rides plus a shot of the staging lanes from my location:

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1955.jpg

I haven't been to the drag races in decades .It was fun back in the day though .Friday night was Kettlersville Ohio which was an odd 1/5 mile and Sunday was Pences in Sidney Ohio .I ran at both and did so so .A few Trophies and damned little money .

Umm once Art Arfons was at Sidney with the original green monster ,Allison aircraft engine dragster .Funny I really didn't get to actually meet him until in the 80s when had the pulling tractors and I ran antiques .I thought the Huey helecopter engine puller he had was neat and he likewise thought the restored A John Deere I had was nice .

The drags are a lot of fun, went regularly to the San Fernando strip when a teenager. Anybody could run, from jalopies to fuel burning dragsters. There were some good rivalries and I saw some wild stuff.

And that they would .Plus the red squirrels liked to drop nuts down the exhaust stack .Makes a hell of a racket hitting a tin roof shed when they start up .

Damned squiirels will hid nuts just about anywhere .They are fond of filling the clutch compartment on my old Oliver OC 6 crawler .That semi open flywheel can really toss a walnut .It can raise a pretty good goose egg on the noggin if you get thumped with one .

There was a drag strip in Niagara Falls when I was young. I never made it there, but I did make it to the Gator Nationals at Gainesville twice. 1999 and 2002. Impressive stuff. Tons and tons of money. I liked walking through the pits and looking at some torn up engine and drivetrain stuff they had on display.

I saw some major dragster disintegrations, but luckily I don't recall any injuries. Some fairly feeble waves to the spectators after though.

You're becoming a regular hot rodder, I see! Don't kill yourself with that thing. I've always wanted a motorcycle, myself - but I will resist the urge. I'm too old to die! :lol:

I've seen then come apart like a dollar watch .They've taken a hemi engine that originally might have made 300 HP and cranked 3000 out of it .Runs fast but not long .

I once saw a slingshot dragster fail to deploy it's chute .There was over a quarter mile of brake area plus an open field --then a woods .Probabley in those days about 200 MPH terminal and probabley around 90 when it hit the woods and became about 1800 pounds of scrap metal in an instant .The driver walked away believe it or not .

A Gremlin??? Really? A drove one of those for a while. Bought it from my brother for $75; $35 cash and an ounce of "gold"

When I was at Gainesville in 99 I was at the start line and my bud was in the Mac tool section at the finish line. He was standing by the fence with his GF. An engine in a Top Fuel grenaded and blew out of the car and started tumbling down the track at an angle. They ducked and shrapnel did make it over the fence.

Didn't they cut down the distance from 1320 to 1000? At all tracks or just some? 320 something mph is mighty fast.

I dont know why I am compelled to come here each day and see what you guys are doing. Oh well, guess I will just stalk---lol---?
no apostrophes.

Cool!
I've got tomorrow off, and I ain't doing squat! Feet up in the air cuz I've got a crane job set up on my next day off, wed.

Got the Mat 3 boom back together,...........just have to attach all the hoses now. :|: It's been a challenging job to say the least.

Back