How'd it go today?

Bossman is on vacation, we did two take downs at his house. Swam/suntanned at lunch, it was a beautiful thing.

Stopped to water my trees after work, spread some chips while I was there, pulled some weeds too. Nice day.

Ha ,I just got a call from Tom .He's sending the crew out to split about 6-8 cords of oak in the morning .It's been so hot they'd rather split wood under the canopies than work in the blazing hot sun .Most times they hate working in the wood pile .:lol:

Even at 94 degrees it's tolerable under the trees but it'll cook your brain out in the sun .

I hear you on tolerable in the shade. Job today had in the shade for the most part. Driving the mini out to the road had me pouring sweat. Today was a 3 shirt day. And it was a cool 92 today.

It was another day in paradise :roll: ... found out, that as of 1630, we had 24 hours to find a rehab center(almost 3 weeks post below knee amputation) for my uncle. 48 hours would have been appreciated.

Nothing says "Happy Wednesday" like touring rehabilitation facilities.

I'm moving in with my son and his fiance into a rented house in Waterford and I moved a pickup load of stuff this morning and then spent the rest of the day doing a couple of bids.

Power is back on now, took an econ test today, found out one of my old bands is having a reunion on Aug 6th - unfortunately I am booked to play that evening, and promised to help set up sound in the afternoon, about 80 miles away so don't think I'll be the reunion.

Interesting new living arrangement, Steve, pretty Asian. Hope that it works out for you. Your mom is a good artist, by the way. Cute paintings.

growed a lawn and planted some shrubs today and yesterday with a helper. Mulching to follow later this week.

Attachments

• IMAG0941.jpg
    IMAG0941.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAG0945.jpg
    IMAG0945.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAG0949.jpg
    IMAG0949.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0950.jpg
    IMAG0950.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 2
Yes you heard that right, how about that. And my grandaughter. I really don't feel like moving though. We all lived together back when I had a house too, so it's not uncharted territory.

Yes you heard that right, how about that. And my grandaughter. I really don't feel like moving though. We all lived together back when I had a house too, so it's not uncharted territory.

What a blessing to be so involved in your grandaughter's life! I want grandbabies!!

So why the move Steve? Thought you were pretty settled into where you were until you found your own place.

Started the day with cutting an acre of tar weed in a horse pasture. Then they HO asked that we thin out and limb up bunches of little blue oaks. Pretty much a thicket of them. Turned into kind of a fun day :)

Nice! yard!
I have been working with another climber working storm damage in northern IL the past few days and it looks like the next several weeks. I am just plain beat. On average we have been hitting three or four job sites per day.

The tarweed, Stephen. Are you just brushcutting it? or pulling it up by roots?
There is actually a listed endangered tarweed, believe it or not.

Rajan, 3-4 Jobs of Cut and Run or Full Cleanup , too?

Just brush cutting it Deva. If you cut it right before it buds for a few years, it will pretty much be gone.
We have a few varieties here. The one we are dealing with is horribly invasive. They AG dept wants people to leave it alone for the bees as it is one of the last flowers to bloom. Shat about chokes out most the grasses if it gets hold. Horses hate it and sometimes won't even walk in it for the sticky tar they get on their hooves and such. Horse owners hate it not only for choking out the grass, but for the messy tar substance that gets on the horse that you have to clean off. If you show your horse, it is a PITA. Stuff really messes with my asthma. Stuff is everywhere and hardly endangered up here.

The tarweed, Stephen. Are you just brushcutting it? or pulling it up by roots?
There is actually a listed endangered tarweed, believe it or not.

Rajan, 3-4 Jobs of Cut and Run or Full Cleanup , too?
He and I cut and run with a clean up crew to follow. It is a rather efficient system, so to answer your question both.

Back