How'd it go today?

My operation stops when the mini is down. Just one of the tools I've learned I can't work without.

Another boring day in the bucket, raising up trees and deadwood. I switched around my days for next week so I have 6 days straight to do my own work. Need to bang these jobs out.

I have not had a good month, almost everyday something has broke. Most of the time it has been a dead battery. One week it was the forks on my mini, I was pulling out a bush and bent a fork. Luckily I found a cheap welding shop and it was only $70 to bend them back and add a new steel tube holding the forks. The following week it was new tracks on the mini. I was using it on a saturday doing some service work and a track snapped. Luckily I found a pretty good deal on new tracks. I paid $413 for the tracks and $55 to put them on. The next week it was breaks on the truck, I didnt get a great deal on them but I do a lot of work at the place I had them done, the grand total for that was $845.

I hope thats all that breaks down!

That's only three breakdowns and we are three weeks into the month. One repair per week is great. And I'll swap repair bills with you in a heartbeat. ;)

Fixed two brush cutters yesterday and I have one more to fix tonight. Welcome to the gear club Nick. Shat breaks regular.
Brian, I tell ya what, I am sure happy I am not in your shoes. Rope is a hell of a lot cheaper to replace than that bucket truck is to maintain and fix.
Now granted, if I could find enough work for one................. :D

Charge extra for the christmas lights. Afterall it is your brother you said. Lol.

I did :lol::lol:

Yes they are the thin cheap ones but the real problem is that there are enough of them to keep the limbs from falling once cut. So that is were the pole saw comes in should work right? I have a some what clear LZ.

speaking of buckets, turns out that the bucked that got flipped yesterday belonged to bartlet. turns out the guy dumped the truck and forgot to stow the boom. it hit some overhead wires and pushed the truck over.

Oh man that would suck with a half life!

I feel for guys here that have older ones.. CA is pretty much gonna put most of them out of service with the new smog standards.

Here's a pop quiz for the hydraulics experts: What would cause two different hydraulic hoses to burst at the same time inside the lower boom of an aerial lift?

MICE!!! The little bastids chewed through two 26' SynFlex lines. I've set 8 traps, but so far haven't caught anything. BTW, fire ants like peanut butter.

MICE!!! The little bastids chewed through two 26' SynFlex lines. I've set 8 traps, but so far haven't caught anything. BTW, fire ants like peanut butter.

I'd tape up all the holes and vents in the boom, and unload some CO2 in the sumbeyotch. Suffocate the bastids.

I'm not doubting you, but if you aren't catching mice, could it be squirrels? They will eat ALL the coating off of electric wire in your attic.

Good day at Beacon Rock State Park today. Resistographed a couple of trees, and knocked down a few. Two old growth Doug-fir are so bad that we don't even know if there is a rind to work with. I kinda snickered as I was drilling, they were that bad. We'll come back in a few months when its a better time. We need to have an electrical line dropped, or at least alert the power company before we drop them. Might just pull them over with the bucket truck and 1/2" amsteel.

Back