How'd it go today?

Willie, did it happen on the ground walking around, or in the tree?

You're doing well if you've gotten along this far without a claim, and your first claim is for a common, minor injury. Must be running a tight ship, or something. How long have you been in business?

I was in the top of a pine tree, in the rain, stepped over a limb and slipped on the slimy wet bark. Trying to keep on schedule for a crappy employer who was paying me $12 per hour and working the dog shit out of me (Davey).

When I went to the emergency walk-in clinic I waited for over 2 hours while some little 5 year old kid with a booboo on his arm got bumped to the front of the line. He came out 10 minutes later with a band-aid on his arm and a big smile. When they finally took me in, the doctor looked at it and told the nurse to irrigate and bandage it, I was so pissed that I walked out.

Sean, he was in the tree only 10 or 15 feet up, slipped and somehow stuck himself. 5.5 years in business

Beat the rain today!

Ventured out this morning, two Maple take downs for a new electrical service install. Gotta pick up the logs later when it stops pouring. Then we went to another job, climb, drop, toss to the side. The old man is cleaning up the mess. While I was in the tree a bolt of lightening zapped behind the house across the street. Terrifying. Two more cuts and I was out of there! I'm missing one of my HC rope bags, the HO must have dragged it into the brush pile unnoticed, hope he can find it.

Just parked the truck under the cover it, ahhh.

I gaffed my arch about ten years ago; boy did that freaking hurt. Took forever to heal, too, it seemed.

bank stuff done - check bow re-haired - on the spot (w/good conversation) check, scrip filled - check, last customer happy - check big time, yup it was a good day...

Got the bucket truck back from the transmission shop today. They never found anything other than the leaky front seal. They did change the fluid and all the filters, ended up costing almost $1300. The truck drives and shifts a lot better now, feels like somebody removed 8000 lbs off the back. Hopefully it will run a bit cooler with new fluid and filters as well.

Yeah, except they said it would be about 1100-1200, and that was with them expecting to replace the front bushing. I wish I could round my prices up after the job is done. :roll:

Boy, that sounds familiar.

Does it ever.

Had one of two bolts that hold the coupler on my dump trailer break today. We were working at the southern end of my 'territory' limits. I thumbed a ride to the parts store and had to walk about 6km back in the heat. Figure it was good for me, and it was a cheap repair bill $2.15. I heard it break, glad I stopped to check it out.

Well I broke down and wrote the "wife" a note today. We don't talk anymore so told her to be out by the last day of August. I think I am being more than fair seeing as she is just living off of me until she leaves...But then again what do I know...:roll:

You know more than most, Dave. :)

Good to know that hitchhikers can still get rides. Just about when the statute of limitations runs out on THAT lift truck accident, it seems to get brought up.

Some days I think I'm going to work to be a timber framer, and some days, I'm making high end burn barrels.:roll:

hewtbbl.jpg

Two things I can recommend when making one of these things. Weld the hinges on before you finish cutting the door out, which I managed to actually think of before I cut the door all the way out, and, don't give the sludge fire a lot of air until it is mostly burned out.:lol:

I had to fashion some sort of latching device for the door, which got quite elaborate in my mind. Fortunately laziness prevailed, and I came up with what's in the pic above. It slams shut like the door on a Mercedes, and doesn't pop open unless you lift up just a little bit. I've never seen anything quite like it, but then again I don't go skulking around peoples backyards trying to get a glimpse of their illicit burner barrel operations either.:/:

Back