How'd it go today?

Rain, rain and more rain here, starting to flood now. Only 5 days this month that it has not rained. Getting hard to get work done, my guys are geting a bit salty too.

Have you considered mounting the chipper on pontoons? :dur:

No payments here, if I can't pay for it up front, I don't buy it............it just means that it's time to save. I don't like owing anything to anyone, debt is slavery IMHO.

AT 5% that is a decent rate to leverage. Nice job on your credit Carl. I am just starting to try and re-establish some credit at age 50. I have used cash for so long, I seem to have been dropped off the credit map :lol:

Day got off to a rough start so all I ended up doing today was running errands and lining things up for the rest of the week. Think I'll go climb a tree out back and make myself feel better.

Paying it off 2 years early would save $4.5k. Last year I was paying up to 30% interest, now that is slavery!

Fixed 5%, yes. I would pay $12.5k in interest over 6 years.

Not very civic minded attitude, though :). If all the reasonably practical people finagle their way out of jury duty, then you get stupid decisions...obviously that's happening too much as it is.

I actually knew the judge trying the case, and I knew the defendant for the case. That is the trouble with living in a relatively rural area. In short, I had a conflict of interest in the case by knowing the people involved.

I got home about 7:00 this evening. They were late releasing him from the local hospital, and it took a while to get him admitted and settled in.

I will say though, trying to slip a medium glove onto my hands made for my laugh of the day, seeing as I use a Lg/XL glove. I just needed it for a minute while we transferred him into the bed.

I babysat my grand daughter today. Took her for about a one hour walk. LJ, my Dad did pretty good borrowing money to finance a business and to buy property.

Erik, I could use those, but be ready with epinephrine. and if it gets worse after that, an airway. :P

Like I said, it was just for that one thing, and since they didn't have a box on hand , I didn't panic, I just made it work for the single task(picking him up, not really needing that much dexterity finger-wise). Had I been doing anything else, not that I would have had to, I would have found at least a large pair to put on.

For shop work, I just usually grab these from my Napa Store, but they are just utility grade(not for medical use...obviously)
http://www.costplustools.com/SAS-Safety-6609-Derma-Lite-Nitrile-Gloves-XL_p_6958.html

ran through a tank with the string trimmer & drug some brush I cut earlier back "rough". Started online econ class and got a couple chapter discussions out of the way. Now kickin' back a watching a the collector on hulu.

did some work, hit the walk in clinic about my chest cough and got some prescrips, picked up jr at daycare and home to make supper.

Today was long. Second Monday in a row that my main employee called in sick. He may be sick and he may be reliving his stupid younger years now he is off parole. I don't know. Either way, I think I am going to go looking a for a new guy.

What they don't seem to understand with bad work ethics their tale will go before them for some time to come unless they mend their ways .

So far today is going okay .I reinstalled the formica top on the kitchen island that I screwed up somehow .This time it was over industrial partical board which is over 3/4" plywood .Needless to say you could probabley support a truck on that top .

I did notice something though .I had reglued the top on my tablesaw extension at the same time I originally did the island and that glue failed also . That leads me to believe there was something wrong with the contact cement .Weldwood gelled type .This time I used the original formula which has been around forever .

Took out a leaning box elder and a small cottonweed this afternoon along with assorted brush. Going to bust out the old house foundation in this area and make some more yard.

P6210031.jpg P6210034.jpg

Guess I timed it right....first thunder as I was stowing climb line...first raindrop as I closed the garage door...we are no getting slammed hard, been awhile since I've seen it rain so much at once with constant thunder & lightning

Back