How'd it go today?

Since learning about it here on the forum, I have become fond of gutting hinges on anything where I suspect I might have difficulty getting it to tip. Especially helpful on spars where I've already stripped out the top.

Since I started working where I do, I've become fond of shoving stuff over with the excavator and bucking the stump off when it's on the ground. But I see your point.:)

Ghetto style, but it works Dave :D.

Sean, you are gonna have fun with this new job, I think. Good on you, bro. Oh, don't forget about gutting the hinge to help ease the effort of tipping the ones that like to stand.

We did a small land clearing gig a couple weeks ago, stumps had to go, and I was by myself falling into the wind. Safer inside a machine, was my theory. It only takes a scoop on either side of a 30" pine and a bit of a nudge, and over they go. About the same time as it takes to put the face in.

I gut hinges on crane picks where the weight is a concern and the intention is to lean it over until it drops off the stump, and punching all the way through through allows a path for the back cut to follow in line with the face with little resistance. Or you can nibble at the corners to free it up with the inside already cut, a very useful technique.

Going all out here still. Gotta watch getting frusturated with dumbass calls/customers, and I've got to watch to not get to tired and do anything stupid..........Like roll a bucket truck or something.

The city here gave a good sized job to one of my competitors, sad really. I should snap a pick tomorrow of the stumps this guy has left, by a supposed pro. 2/3 diameter undercut and about a six inch step on the backcut. Unreal, our city has a staff arborist and I don't know why he can't take one look at that and see how incompetent it is. Not only did he make that cut on two stumps, but he left them there for everyone to see?

Somedays I shake my head.

But things are going well for me still. Worst part about not getting the city work is I'd have loved to do these big beautiful firs.

The day actually went fairly well .In addition to the sump pump deal I installed the last part needed to finish the Mac 805 refurbish .Graded the low spots out of the driveway left from the winter .

Tom assumed he had a torn boot on one of his 200Ts' .Showed him how to install it .I doubt that was the problem as nothing was wrong with the damned boot that cost 28 bucks .My thought is it's that freakin Zama carb that causes everyone fits .

It doesn't high rev until about 15 minutes .I told him to fatten up the high speed jet and see what happens .I wouldn't think that 1 1/2 years would wring a crank seal already .The little thing cuts good so I really don't know what it is at this point .:?

That's pretty much my thoughts also . The red loctite deal I did to both of the carbs on my pair of 200's seems to have worked .However they are both sensitive to temperature variations .The souped up one more so . It's only a partial turn but it means all the difference in the world .

Well today I replaced the brakes on the front of the Ranger .Little did I know one pad was down to the metal .The rotors had plenty of metal to be turned .That done I'm good to go for maybe 30-or 40,000 miles give or take . I'm getting slow in my old age .Took me a couple hours on this one ,geeze .

I was slaying grass all day and doing some touch up spraying along fence lines and rocks. As I was whacking the weeds along one fence with an FS 250
, I heard a faint noise and I had hit a baby rabbit.. Feeling bad about that I tried to put the horror behind me and continue on down the fence. Ten feet later I found another with the string head :( Mother and one baby was all I saw that were ok on the other side of the fence. I guess they hunkered down and tried to ride it out. Usually critters will run from the noise. So there are two less rabbits in Cathey's Valley as of today :(
My parts are still not in at the dealer to put another brusher together and my pole saw still ain't done.:X
They screwed up the order and now it's going on a month for a set of rings and my pole saw shaft.

On the bright side. I came home to a package from Adrian and my kids :)

Had the chainsaw started and running at 6:45 a.m. this morning. I had a rush job for an excavator buddy, I had to do it before the PT job. He said frig it, he'd deal with the neighbors if there was an issue. No winers, so all was good. Worked 8 at the PT job, then banged out another small job on my own on the way home. Brought more chips to the house, spread 'em out, and now it's raining. Yep, raining again.

I had a hawthorn go in my knuckle last week and pierce the tendon. 5 days later, on easter, it swelled up and the hand went stiff and the pain was cruel. The lining on the tendon infected.

Aren't you supposed to EASE back into things after spending time in the hospital???

No, I drove from the hospitol straight to tree job yesterday and saddled up with bandages and hospitol bracelets still on. Not because Im a tough guy, but because work is SMOKIN right now and this is my time to make money. Ive got some financial hurdles to clear in the next few months and i cant waste time.

Back