How'd it go today?

"K-9" is most common, Stig- but I think both are correct as it's just a shorthand for "canine", anyways.

So far no poison Ivy:D but the vine work kicked my butt today and could have and should have been easy as the trees its in are junk but must be approved by the association first:|: Had the vine removal been hourly Id' be tickled but to know I spent hrs there and could have done it in half the time taking the junk out too!

I finished up the rest of a commercial trimming job, and removed a 30" camphor lead [city of winter park just loves me].

Stig is probably the most well rounded guy that I know of.
Yesterday I removed about a dozen Italian cypress trees and a liquid amber and a birch. I could really tell that my workin out has paid off. Normally I would have busied myself with something while my guys cleaned up but I helped them pack the wood out of the backyard. Today I worked on my pickup. Yeah I'll take the black oak stump Steve. I can come up and get it any time.

Today I saw a Korean looking fellow cutting his small front lawn with a butcher knife. He was doing it like it was the most normal thing in the world.

There was a Japanese family that lived next door to a house I rented in NC a long time ago...the whole family went out together to cut the lawn with large scissors. I am not making this up :).

Yeah I'll take the black oak stump Steve. I can come up and get it any time.

I'll pick it up with in a couple weeks Steve. I need to get the Jeep running and winch it out.. Went to put in the new parts tonight and they are the wrong ones... Well.. so far two of three are wrong. Looks like another trip to NAPA in the morning :lol: This time I have the parts numbers in hand and not the ones they looked up for me.:|:

well it went retty good today i found me an old Firefighter's helmet that was in to bad of shape. it had a busted face shield and needed some stickers and paint removed from it.but i got all that tooken care of and plan on useing it as a hard hat and wear safety glasses in place of the face shield. but i ony paid 10 bucks for it and bought a polaroid camera too for 10 bucks so i just spent 20 bucks there.and the camera works that what i took the pictures with tonight LOL. but here are some pictures of the helmet though

Attachments

• Old FireFighter's Helmet 003.JPG
    Old FireFighter's Helmet 003.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Old FireFighter's Helmet 004.JPG
    Old FireFighter's Helmet 004.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Old FireFighter's Helmet 002.JPG
    Old FireFighter's Helmet 002.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Old FireFighter's Helmet 001.JPG
    Old FireFighter's Helmet 001.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 64
Decent day at work today, couple prunes, couple td's and some bids. Looked at a nice crane job by a winery, Lake Breeze winery on the Naramata Bench, if we get it it'll make for some nice pictures. They've recently built what is pretty much the nicest house I've ever seen, and the view's pretty purty. Here's a link which shows the lombardy's we may take out in the background.

46.jpg

Yeap. but i got some stickers from places i buy my gear at like my ropes and climbing gear to dress the helmet up a littel and do them some advierising too LOL

A fireman's helmet would be pretty cool, but heavier than I'd probably like.

Fire-helmet-2-mini.jpg

I had one a buddy gave me that was retired from service (the helmet, not my buddy), it was indeed a heavy bugger.

yea i use to be on the fire department here in town.untill they started to be smart arses and i gave it up.but i'm level 3 cert. and i can do everyhting they is to make a truck pump and suck water.but sometimes i have truble on driving the really big ones LOL.

Just call me the tree assassin. :evil:
First job today was killing four camphor trees. A few obstacles typical in residential work but nothing complicated. I killed all four in 3 hours from two setups (only dropped one limb on the truck).
Second job was a backyard laurel oak removal that had split out a couple weeks ago. Tight access and a fair amount of wood, as well as half the canopy hanging over the fence into the neighbor's yard. I pulled everything back into our customer's yard and landed it between my truck and the pool screen.

I had several spectators today on both jobs. It was a fun day but quite hot this afternoon. We shouldn't be getting this kind of heat until May.

Funny Skwerl yesterday was hotter here, today the cloud cover kept the sun hid and I was one happy camper even managed to load all the gear on the truck right as the rain started letting loose. Vine job complete:D and I got the go on the removals;)

Woke up this morning looking at ominous clouds and a chilly win this morning. I was supposed to kill about 7 remains of oaks broken by the storms. They are further South from me and sure enough, got rained out over there. I decided not to take the risk of the rain and called it off before we made the drive. ;)
So I ran some errands and got some rest. Ordered the proper Jeep parts... Took a nap. Nice day :)

Roof was on by 12:30. gutters and downspouts done at 2pm, they flat smoked through it today! I bought a case and a half of beer for the crews for getting it done as well, and fast as they did!
Went to my nephews setting off party tonight. The patriot guard came out and did an extremely nice presentation, gave him a "We support our troops" flag that was signed by many more than were there. Terribly gracious bunch of nice people!
I got some really good pics of it all, but having some really mixed emotions about it all, so I can't say I'll post them yet.

Back