How'd it go today?

I've never seen so many contractors in my life in one place! I've had ten roofers and five siding window contractors here in the last two days! Most of them look like crack head, or are from out of state. Seen one crew of asshats show up, get on the roof and leave the ladder behind! An hour later, they come rushing back all in a tither!
I hope to get the van and the truck in tomorrow, but with the amount of damage in the area, I think that's wishful thinking!

Erik, I believe they are actually taught the language in other countries. Here, I think it is more of an osmosis thing. People suck up what they hear and regurgitate it upon whomever will listen to it.

Starting at 3rd grade, here.
With only maybe 5 million Danish speakers, a second language is a must.

Since English has pretty much become the World Language of choice ( only the frigging French still refuse to use it!) that is what we focus on.

Then comes German, because they are our closest neighbours ( and have an annoying habit of invading us occasionally, always good to be able to converse with the occupying forces!) and a few misguided souls even learn french.

I opted for a couple of years of Russian in high school instead, seemed like a good idea at the time.
It didn't take. While I'm fluent in German( I spoke it for a couple of years while working in Switzerland) I never got good at Russian.

Nyet, as MB would say!

Probably because English and German share a lot; Russian is like... well, nothing else.

Thanks.
That is how we do it here, I shall try to remember not to do so, when posting here.

I have trouble with using "," where we would normally use a "." when I'm traveling abroad. Never mind the 1's that looks like 7's.

The commas "," are really hard in English, when you aren't born to the language (maybe even when you are?).

Easy for me, anyways.

ex. $43,345,210.32
Forty-three million, three hundred forty-five thousand, two hundred ten dollars, and thirty-two cents.

Stehanson just left.
He met us at the job site we were at today and watched with the HO as we wrapped it up to go. HO gave him the 50 cent tour :)
Went by one place on the way back to the house and picked up some locust for him to play with.
Got home and cooked some pork stir fry with rice and had an enjoyable visit. Steve brought dessert. :)
We loaded his manzanita and cut a couple small limbs off one in the front yard for his cousin to make some walking sticks from :)
Great ending to a long day ...
Katy and I are off to NorCal in the morning. Have a Jeep to go look at and probably buy. :D

Easy for me, anyways.

ex. $43,345,210.32
Forty-three million, three hundred forty-five thousand, two hundred ten dollars, and thirty-two cents.

Which a Dane would write: 43.345.210,32$

See why I get confused sometimes?

Probably just us old norsemen being frigged up, then.
Comes with eating all that fly amanita:lol:

Knocked out three big old White Pines next to a farm house today. Bombed two into a parking lot, one had me a bit nervous with a crook in the trunk, and heavily weighted towards the road/wires. I cut a log to use as a ladder to get above the crook, and put it exactly where I wanted. Somehow I end up with the saw in my hands for all the hairy ones. Found a squirrels nest with three babies, killed me to move them, as I know they won't survive. Looked at a job the guy I used to work for sold, and went over that with him. Few days of nice easy peasy work.

Good day all in all.

Working away like mad still.

Last Friday my dog Thunder smacked me in the teeth with his head. Well, it's looking like I'll have to see a dentist soon. Both my fronts are crowns on implanted posts, and now one is loose. Frigging dogs anyways.

well i had a heck of a really bad day my self i took and put the bed back on my truck and found a fuel leak on the fuel pump line.So i took and fixed that and then i took a drive into knoxville. To look at a job and hit a big deep chug hole with it and busted one of my Brand new 31/10.50/15 tires i just put on it well they ain't a week old yet .So now it's in the shop to get a new allinement and a used tire untill i can buy a other new one.And they said it should be done in about a hour or a hour and half and that was like 4 hours before they closed. And i went to go check on it and pick it up and they told me that it's goin to take a little longer then exsepted they have found something else wrong with the front end. So now i'm waiting on my truck to get out of the shop and to see what the bill is on it so i can go check on some trees to cut down thursday.So hopefuly it will be done and i get it back tomarrow but if not i don't know what i'm goin to do.If i don't get it back tomarrow. I might have to go to dad and barrow his truck and go look at the job and hopefully not hit the same chug hole.

Sorry Squish!
I am beat! feels like I've driven a thousand miles and dealt with 10.000 idiots today!
Took the truck in this am to get estimated, then drove 30 miles and back to get the van estimated, drove back to get the truck, and back again to get the estimate on the van. Got all that? And on the way back, damn near all the way back, the wife calls and wants me to come have lunch with her? "Get bent! I'm tired of driving the same damn route!"
It was crazy to say the least! The van looks much, MUCH, worse than the truck! $7500 to fix the truck, $7300 to fix the van? I really figured they would total the van if nothing else, and thought both were really done. I was wrong!
The van is in the shop right now, they are cutting the roofs off of both of them and going ape! It's certainly a new world to me!
Then I had to deal with the idiot that needs someone to breast feed him I guess, and the ass that is thinking he's making $20=30k off the storm damage after this crap.
I am really ready to start killing some idiots so I can limit the reproduction!

Easy now, Andy!

Dang squisher, that sux man. I was pole pruning a couple weeks back and managed to have the end of the pruner smack me in the jowel. One of my front teeth was a little loose, but it turned out aight. Hope all goes well with the dentist.

I have an interview with the City of Kelowna tommorrow, a little nervous tonight but I plan to go in there and rock it. Hopefully all goes well. Must seem like I'm all over the map, talking about starting a business and then jumping at the chance for a muni job, but I have to put the family first, and I have gotten genuinely excited about the prospect of seeing a different side of the biz. I don't know if you guys know this or not, but I'm just a young feller still, and have lots of time to figure out what will work best for me and my family in the long run. For now, however, I'm keen on seeing a positive result.

Had a long drive and day today. Left the house with Kat at about 8:30 and headed North to pick up the jeep. Almost a 6 hour drive and a longer one coming back. The jeep over heated just outside Sacramento and I pulled the thermostat. Drove it home just steady as she goes and kept an eye. I need to go through it and get some gremlins out. It's older than I am so who am I to be critical of her quirks.... :lol:
Been a long cold drive home. I left the soft top and doors off until I check them over good to make sure they don't shred at higher speeds. :lol:

Back