How'd it go today?

HAHAHA....

Just came back in to start dinner. Had a dead pine down on the Colorado St. side of the property. Diced it all up and burned it. Touched up a few trees near it and took out some small brush. Cleaned up more fallen branches on the same side and out in the yard. Dropped a couple more dead pines out back and burned them. One skeered me though. I was wedging it over to the fire. I bent down to get another wedge for the next life (I had set it down instead of placing it in my pocket) and a piece of wood for a lifting insert for it to sit on. I hear a POP! Good thing I had gotten it tilted far enough to commit to the lay I wanted:\: All the tops dead too.. :\: Made me jump for sure!

Bring it, Greg! I'm a lousy host and my humble abode may not be up to your wife's standards, but I'd be happy to point you toward the nicer hotels and guide you around to some arbor related sites and some good eats. 8)

Not all that good i got banned again from AS for something stupid that they said i had multiple id's on there.But one is mine and the other one is my cousens i admit i been on his screen name onced and that is it. But i think the mods on there are having power trip or something.But ither than that i had a pretty good day of riding the atv and pulling wood off the top of the ridge.And working on my truck again today and maybe i'll get the bed back on it sometime tomarrow when i get a chance.

I pruned 12 oak trees, looked at a few more jobs,and gotta be back in winter springs again tomorrow. O h the joy of driving an hour just to work my ass off.

I'm sorry Paul i already got it installed i just forget to use it sometimes so please forgive me for the errors in my post

Not all that good i got banned again from AS for something stupid that they said i had multiple id's on there.But one is mine and the other one is my cousens i admit i been on his screen name onced and that is it. But i think the mods on there are having power trip or something.But ither than that i had a pretty good day of riding the atv and pulling wood off the top of the ridge.And working on my truck again today and maybe i'll get the bed back on it sometime tomarrow when i get a chance.

I'll tell ya what mang... not many cats here care what goes on over at AS. So anything you say here will fall upon deaf ears.

I am a mod over there... and you're barkin' up the wrong tree. If I were you... I'd just drop it altogether. It's just the friggin' internet. :what:

Gary

I'll tell ya what mang... not many cats here care what goes on over at AS. So anything you say here will fall upon deaf ears.

I am a mod over there... and you're barkin' up the wrong tree. If I were you... I'd just drop it altogether. It's just the friggin' internet. :what:

Gary

I know gary but it will all come out in the wash.So what are you fellers doin today? i got to call a guy back and go look at a tree he wants removed for under the power lines.But that should be to hard to do and i'll get some pictures if i remeber to take my camera.

I was a judge at a woodturning show.
Looked at a LOT of turnings and picked my favourite in the different categories..
Then spent hours giving different turners my opinion of their stuff.
Pretty hard work, one has to give constructive critique, while at the same time call a spade a spade.
It is a balancing act to tell someone that their work isn't up to standard while at the same time not discouraging them from trying again.
I was pretty wrung out when i got home.

Always amazing that the non-Americans on the board can converse in better English than some of the natives.

Erik, I believe they are actually taught the language in other countries. Here, I think it is more of an osmosis thing. People suck up what they hear and regurgitate it upon whomever will listen to it.

I spent most of the day working on my big truck. I fixed a broken pin on one of the control levers for the winch. I also disassembled and fixed all three control levers which were loose. The lock nuts on the handles were stripped and the levers had to be removed in order to spin the handles off. I replaced the driver's side mirror which was broken on Thursday. I traced down a couple small leaks and did some other maintenance as well. I have a long week ahead and won't have any extra time in the near future. I still have an electrical issue to deal with as well as a new crack in the windshield.

I broke away around noon to go sell a small job. Repeat customer, he tried to pay me on the spot in advance.

So what you're saying is... it doesn't matter that the windshield washer works now, right?

All that damage sucks, Brian. :(

Windshield is free for me thanks to the insurance laws, and the rest is just minor stuff which is a result of making lots of money. ;)

Back